Custom Names

MrFelony

Prince
So I'm currently playing as Rasta Ramses of the Egyptian Hempire, and made a string of gag names. another was Capt'n Amazing of the Sumerica. One of my other favorite names was a city i capture from Louis XIV that was about to be recaptures. I quickly changed the name of the city to Louis XIVisGay, which made me laugh every time it produced something.

so what were some of your favorite custom names/name changes?

I always change the names of any city and unit I can. My favorite would have to be when I captured Boston from the Americans with my Unit: Jeter (Rifleman) A little baseball irony there... :)

It's just childish humor. I felt like "spiting" him and was pissed he was going to retake the city.

OK, I understand that (often do it myself), nooffence meant.
But why : Gay ?

See my point ?

Umm... I haven't really named any cities other than the default lately. Although I did name my city as an appropriate insult to the guy who was massacring (sp?) me in MP...

I used to make up random civ names (Like the Tatherines) and city names (The capital of tather and the second city of Cupanada which means river) in Civ II but with the andvent of UU it didn't seem right to do that since each civ kina had it's own diginity you know, although I do change city names every now and then to New (one of my old cities)

I rename conquered cities to what they would sound like to the conquering civilization's language, or perhaps to the Great General that conquered it or something. If I'm conquering cities of a backwards civ on another continent I run roughshod over their original city names, perhaps renaming them 'New Nameofmainlandcity' and such.

Rename Sitting Bull to Sitting Duck. I like the irony that a particularly tough protective nation is so close to that idiom.

Is it possible to rename a rival civ during gameplay? Like if Monty was there, could I change his name?

Is it possible to rename a rival civ during gameplay? Like if Monty was there, could I change his name?

I dont think so, but hey im not that much of an expert. My favorite name to call my Civilization is the Patrick Empire, and my people be Patrickanese

I can't wait to get a general war elephant to rename Babar the barbarian. and Izipo, don't worry i got your point ;)

Ahhhh, at last.
I was losing sleep over that ;)
:lol:
No offense was meant and that was a great come back (if a bit late).
Cheers.

When my empire is up to 6-7 cities i begin to renamed the cities with function units producstion/sciences/Gold/gpfarm and for hybrid cities if combine functions for exemple my last game I played I renamed Charlemagne Capital "Merchant Army"....(I know but its my favorite to this day) he had founded Budism (3/4 of cities were converted and 1st major religion in the world) It was a production haven with enough food to produce GP when no units were need. There was already 2 GM one GP and one Great general settle inside. I was drolling :) It save my economy and war efforts.

Er... Louis XIV could well have been gay, he never had children I don't think... And people blamed his wife, pssht!

Please, read a little bit about history before posting stupid comments on the internet.
And the discussion wasn't about Louis sexual preference, but about why is gay an insult.

Top Bottom