Civ 5 AI: Habits/Shortcomings & Improvements

^^Calm down. Maybe he's a new player and doesn't know about the reasons not to automate.

Andreafin made perfectly valid criticisms. The automation generally sucks. That's why you shouldn't use it. The auto-scouting is particularly bad. Once you have optics (and not astronomy) the scout will almost invariably get stuck in the sea. If you have more than one scout automated they generally end up in convoy, so that only one is actually doing any scouting.

^^Yes he is right about the automation sucks. I wasn't sure if the OP was a new player or not (join dates don't mean diddly), and thought if the person was new, then he wouldn't have known about it, and therefore didn't mean he was just complaining when he should have known better.

That was all I meant.

Automated scouts with optics get stuck in the sea like scouts in rival civilization cultural gaps that don't have open borders I'm guessing. astronomy doesn't have that issue though. Here's a different reason why scout automation doesn't work. Next to annoying non allied city states.

Top Bottom