Caveman 2 Cosmos

Anybody getting random CTD's with v13? I was able to play V12 all the way into the future era, but I'm having problems with this.

I can't play v13 I can only play v12 thanks to the random CTDs. It's not that big of a deal, but I do hate being behind in the fun :lol:

Perhaps it's this max cap issue. I will only use hard saves with max comapt. and try v13 again

I am getting a repeatable CTD when try and found a colony. It is also trying to give a gatherer to my colony and that is failing also. V13 with my latest patch since I was also testing the "new" units.

Can I help with fixing it? What needs to be done? I have been editing the Civilopedia entries I gave you a year ago, to make them shorter. I don't know how short is short enough, but I'm trying for 20-30 lines in Word.

I was locating artwork as well, and could help with that if I learn how to convert stuff to the formats used by the game.

The attached file has four main parts: Mormonism religion, "Last Days" events and features that could be optional, "Artifacts" feature that is borrowed from FFH2 that the team might be interested in implementing, and Civilopedia entries for all the above, except Artifacts.

I really don't like the current missionaries but have no ideas about how to fix the graphics. Also I dislike having unhappiness from resources which you have no control over. Ie you don't control what resources appear on the map. When, in another mod, they made Hinduism +1 unhappy with cow I thought a better implementation would be +1 happy but no food or commerce bonus. I think we may be able to be more creative with the current unhappiness in the current implementation of Mormon. We should probably should move this back to the other thread, as soon as I post the latest versions on it. ;)

I am getting a repeatable CTD when try and found a colony. It is also trying to give a gatherer to my colony and that is failing also. V13 with my latest patch since I was also testing the "new" units.

I really don't like the current missionaries but have no ideas about how to fix the graphics. Also I dislike having unhappiness from resources which you have no control over. Ie you don't control what resources appear on the map. When, in another mod, they made Hinduism +1 unhappy with cow I thought a better implementation would be +1 happy but no food or commerce bonus. I think we may be able to be more creative with the current unhappiness in the current implementation of Mormon. We should probably should move this back to the other thread, as soon as I post the latest versions on it. ;)

I get a message with the save, saying that it is unreadable due to a missing class FEATURE_KELP.

I like the idea of simply losing bonuses for the resources.

I've been mulling today over ideas for the Mormon religion's possible special promotion. One idea I've come up with is a "multilingual" promotion called "returned missionary" that's given to all units produced in the city with the MTC. It could give a 5% chance to convert/subdue enemy foot units that are defeated by the promoted unit. I'll move this over to the other thread.

I can "fix" this with a change to the python, but it seems to be happening because the civ for the colony has not been set at the time the techs are given to it.

I get a message with the save, saying that it is unreadable due to a missing class FEATURE_KELP.

Are you using v13 or v13 with my update 5? Either way can you tel me what files are in the folder modules/resources/Kelp.

Are the extra civilizations previously available (such as Israel, Dinnehih, Pirates, Polynesia, Mexico, Nazi Germany, etc) still compatible with v13?

Are the extra civilizations previously available (such as Israel, Dinnehih, Pirates, Polynesia, Mexico, Nazi Germany, etc) still compatible with v13?

No they are not, i haven't gotten to them yet.

Great mod!

I have 2 repeatable CTDs. One whenever a barbarian boat moves on the screen, and the other when I try to load a game once I quit (lost, won, etc.) a game. both are avoidable, but they are annoying.

Great mod!

I have 2 repeatable CTDs. One whenever a barbarian boat moves on the screen, and the other when I try to load a game once I quit (lost, won, etc.) a game. both are avoidable, but they are annoying.

Dont know what you mean by avoidable? If you did a Max Compatibility gamesave we can look at it, but if it works from an autosave then its NOT a repeatable crash.:p Its just a glitch, and they are very very hard to find.

v13 seems to be problematic when it comes to MP games. We keep getting OOS's from early on in the game and we have no idea why. We're going to attempt a game with no AI's to see if the problem stems from there.

Cheers.

by avoidable, I mean: for the boat, i can move the map to a place where their are no barb boats visible. for the load, i can exit then come back into the game.

by avoidable, I mean: for the boat, i can move the map to a place where their are no barb boats visible. for the load, i can exit then come back into the game.

Those are glitch's too hard to pin down them, only interested in repeatable crashes, but thx.

I can "fix" this with a change to the python, but it seems to be happening because the civ for the colony has not been set at the time the techs are given to it.

Are you using v13 or v13 with my update 5? Either way can you tel me what files are in the folder modules/resources/Kelp.

I'm using v13 with your update found in this post, dated 6/30/11, so I think it's the most recent (the one with Asiatic War Rhinos).

In the Kelp folder, I find a folder named Art, and files named
CIV4ArtDefinesSchema
CIV4TerrainSchema
Kelp_CIV4ArtDefines_Feature
Kelp_CIV4FeatureInfos
Kelp_CIV4GameText

Update: I just tried to start C2C for the first time since I installed that update, and I got two error messages during initialization, saying that the call to load files (both with Kelp in the name) failed. Maybe that's the problem.

I'm using v13 with your update found in this post, dated 6/30/11, so I think it's the most recent (the one with Asiatic War Rhinos).

CIV4ArtDefinesSchema
CIV4TerrainSchema
Kelp_CIV4FeatureInfos
Kelp_CIV4GameText

Update: I just tried to start C2C for the first time since I installed that update, and I got two error messages during initialization, saying that the call to load files (both with Kelp in the name) failed. Maybe that's the problem.

Yeah i believe someone else mentioned that also? I believe he has now corrected the problem.

We currently are testing a WHOLE lot of stuff that is new, especially the dll, which sounds fantastic the way Koshling has explained it to work. Plus new buildings and embassies from Hydro, plus new Animals from DH with the option to take them out of a game or have them in, your choice, i like that.

Might be able to get a test run out this weekend, but no promises.

Thanx :) Im gonna try a 49 civ duel :)

Your :crazyeye:, but what ever floats your boat, or something like that, but i'd try 48 just to be save, but of course i would never play over 17 myself.:mischief:

Update to the OOS: Figured it out during a no AI MP game; The RevDCM and Revolution.ini weren't matching between all players. Updating all to same fixed it.

Speaking of Kelp (in Ideas/Suggestion) it seems to be unable to spread diagonally from a coast to a coast. This means reefs forcing a diagonal transition stops the kelp from spreading. That is apart from coast-reef-coast blocking spread of kelp. Might be that resources also block spreading, fishing boats certainly do though. That one I'm uncertain if it should, unless the traffic on the plot stops kelp from growing.
This wouldn't be a problem if having kelp on your sea-plots wasn't as powerful as it is now.

Cheers

CIV4ArtDefinesSchema
CIV4TerrainSchema
Kelp_CIV4FeatureInfos
Kelp_CIV4GameText

I had forgotten to change the schema file. Two ways to fix it
1) rename the CIV4TerainSchema to DH_CIV4TerrainSchema or
2) edit the Kelp_CIV4FeaturesInfos file in notepad or similar and change the name of the schema file in there from CIV4TerrainSchema to CIV4TerainSchema or
3) wait for my next upload which should be in the next 30 minutes or so.

Speaking of Kelp (in Ideas/Suggestion) it seems to be unable to spread diagonally from a coast to a coast. This means reefs forcing a diagonal transition stops the kelp from spreading. That is apart from coast-reef-coast blocking spread of kelp. Might be that resources also block spreading, fishing boats certainly do though. That one I'm uncertain if it should, unless the traffic on the plot stops kelp from growing.
This wouldn't be a problem if having kelp on your sea-plots wasn't as powerful as it is now.

Cheers

Yes both, reefs and fishing boats stop the spread of kelp. I am not sure we want that to change, or even if we want it to. Maybe we could add a work boat/fisherman unit that plants kelp or sea resources. My experience of kelp spread has been that it goes in any direction.

In none of my games have I seen kelp spread diagonally. A

CCCO (C=Coast.)
LLCO (L=Land.)
LCRO (R=Reef.)
LCOO (O=Ocean.)

stops kelp from spreading from north to south (line 2 to line 3).

Top Bottom