Caveman 2 Cosmos

In none of my games have I seen kelp spread diagonally. A

CCCO (C=Coast.)
LLCO (L=Land.)
LCRO (R=Reef.)
LCOO (O=Ocean.)

stops kelp from spreading from north to south (line 2 to line 3).

I have had it do so, or so I thought. However that is part of "feature sprad" which is in the dll and beyond my control. Koshling said he was looking in that area for other stuff so maybe he will find out what is really happening.

Hey, just tried this mod out today for the first time. It has some cool concepts and I like the idea of a stone age start. I have an issue and a question or two.

I found the game became very buggy for me around 2000BC. It could be that I'm just not using the right settings. I used the Earth 28 Civ scenario, I think at Normal speed and Emperor difficulty as England. I have a feel that Normal speed is just not meant for this mod as the pacing seemed rather off. I chipped away to about 600 BC and the tech path or current tech status did not seem to match up realistically with the real game. I was not even to Sailing yet, which by the way has a very odd tech path with prereq techs far in the future. I did not understand that.

Anyway, these are some of the bugs I found.

1) At some point around 2000BC, units just stop moving. In other words, say I gave a command to a gatherer or a wanderer or sent a canoe exploring, it would then not automatically move me to the next unit that needed an action and the end turn button would always stay green. Also, newly built units just stayed in the city doing nothing. That is, the game was not queuing me to take action with active units.

2) I swear that some buildings I build would appear again several turns later as items I could build. Seemed mainly the small culture producing buildings.

3) London, my only city for a very long time, started producing overflow gold every other build or so. This may be standard but I don't understand the concept.

So besides reporting apparent bugs, which hopefully are just an issue with my settings, what are the recommended settings to play? If the mod is in a solid state, what are the best scenarios/maps and settings/options to get the best experience?

thanks and please let me know if you need more information

One sad bug I found last night:

Interfaith seems to have absolutely no effect whatsoever :( Ok, so I think the idea belongs in the transhuman era (with something like it on a personal level available at the time this comes into play. - aka spreads all religions you have in any city to all of your cities in a one time burst)) But yeah, it didn't work at all in the first place. Sad.

Hey, just tried this mod out today for the first time. It has some cool concepts and I like the idea of a stone age start. I have an issue and a question or two.

I found the game became very buggy for me around 2000BC. It could be that I'm just not using the right settings. I used the Earth 28 Civ scenario, I think at Normal speed and Emperor difficulty as England. I have a feel that Normal speed is just not meant for this mod as the pacing seemed rather off. I chipped away to about 600 BC and the tech path or current tech status did not seem to match up realistically with the real game. I was not even to Sailing yet, which by the way has a very odd tech path with prereq techs far in the future. I did not understand that.

Anyway, these are some of the bugs I found.

1) At some point around 2000BC, units just stop moving. In other words, say I gave a command to a gatherer or a wanderer or sent a canoe exploring, it would then not automatically move me to the next unit that needed an action and the end turn button would always stay green. Also, newly built units just stayed in the city doing nothing. That is, the game was not queuing me to take action with active units.

2) I swear that some buildings I build would appear again several turns later as items I could build. Seemed mainly the small culture producing buildings.

3) London, my only city for a very long time, started producing overflow gold every other build or so. This may be standard but I don't understand the concept.

So besides reporting apparent bugs, which hopefully are just an issue with my settings, what are the recommended settings to play? If the mod is in a solid state, what are the best scenarios/maps and settings/options to get the best experience?

thanks and please let me know if you need more information

Normal speed is way to fast. Epic is supposed to be good. I prefer snail. Others like eternity.

1) There are some units that you give move instructions to when they have no moves left this turn and nothing happens. It stays with the unit selected and move shown. The only way I have found to fix this is to give the same order a second time or clear orders for the unit.

2) many people have reported this but they are always vague so we have not been able to trace the exact instance so we can repeat it and find out what is happening.

One sad bug I found last night:

Interfaith seems to have absolutely no effect whatsoever :( Ok, so I think the idea belongs in the transhuman era (with something like it on a personal level available at the time this comes into play. - aka spreads all religions you have in any city to all of your cities in a one time burst)) But yeah, it didn't work at all in the first place. Sad.

I thought I had that working fine. Unfotunately I have not been able to make it that far into a game recently to check.

I think the Tumulous may be an example of a building that comes up to be built over and over... but it doesn't always happen that way. I ran across a building that did that but it didn't do it everywhere, just the one city that had the problem and I couldn't think of any reason it may be happening.

I was asked for an example of a building upgrade chain and I would almost ask, does it EVER work? I mean, just about every building the replaces another doesn't seem to be acting quite right - I can often build the replacement building while the original to be upgraded is even in the possible to build building lists. Ok, early game, take a look at the early housing.

How to disable "No Future Era" setting? It's enabled by default and i don't see it on the option screen anymore when starting new game.

How to disable "No Future Era" setting? It's enabled by default and i don't see it on the option screen anymore when starting new game.

In the next version it will be no problem but thiws is how it looks in the GameOptions area NOW:

Code:
		<GameOptionInfo>
			<Type>GAMEOPTION_NO_FUTURE</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_GAMEOPTION_NO_FUTURE</Description>
			<Help>TXT_KEY_GAMEOPTION_NO_FUTURE_HELP</Help>
			<bDefault>0</bDefault>
			<bVisible>0</bVisible>
		</GameOptionInfo>

God help you when a civ rebels

I dont think he's watching, any ways i dont think he's not going to have much of a problem with that, all depending on how big a map he has, cause that is ALOT of space used up. And might i say :crazyeye::lol:

I guess i just got a bad download, when i re-downloaded it, no glitch.

Hi Guys, i get a CTD when hovering over Australia's icon in foreign advisor or the score display. This shows up in PythonErr.log:

Code:
RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
ERR: Python function forceScreenRedraw failed, module CvScreensInterface
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 998, in forceScreenRedraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 1478, in redraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 5576, in updateScoreStrings

ERR: Python function forceScreenRedraw failed, module CvScreensInterface
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 115, in showForeignAdvisorScreen

File "CvExoticForeignAdvisor", line 330, in interfaceScreen

File "CvExoticForeignAdvisor", line 352, in drawContents

File "CvExoticForeignAdvisor", line 453, in drawRelations

File "CvForeignAdvisor", line 593, in drawRelations

ERR: Python function showForeignAdvisorScreen failed, module CvScreensInterface

Aside from that, great mod!

Hi.
It seems to be a really HUGE mod - the type I really ADORE.
Except... I can't download it yet...
The atomicgamer link is too slow...
Is there any NORMAL link, with at least 100kb/s FREE???
Megaupload is a good example, also Mediafire is cool, since you can have loads of simultaneous links, thus downloading 10 parts at the same time (and getting the total traffic times 10!), unlike stupid Rapidshare.

Hi.
It seems to be a really HUGE mod - the type I really ADORE.
Except... I can't download it yet...
The atomicgamer link is too slow...
Is there any NORMAL link, with at least 100kb/s FREE???
Megaupload is a good example, also Mediafire is cool, since you can have loads of simultaneous links, thus downloading 10 parts at the same time (and getting the total traffic times 10!), unlike stupid Rapidshare.
Torrent link

maybe someone knows an answer, i just started playing this mod:

1) where can i check rev index value? it's not where it used to be in vanilla rom+and. I was nice to see precise values for rev index.
2) worker/missionary automation and unit auto explore is gone?

this might be something obvious i am missing...

thanks!

Every game I keep getting this error spam in the same time right before discovering Theology. When it starts spam it does that every next turn.

PS: savegame is made with svn rev45+extra animals, max compat.
BTW no locusts were spawned ever.

maybe someone knows an answer, i just started playing this mod:

1) where can i check rev index value? it's not where it used to be in vanilla rom+and. I was nice to see precise values for rev index.
2) worker/missionary automation and unit auto explore is gone?

this might be something obvious i am missing...

thanks!

All these can be fixed in the BUG options screens. 2) is happening because the hide automate buttons are selected for workers and missionaries.

Every game I keep getting this error spam in the same time right before discovering Theology. When it starts spam it does that every next turn.

That looks like an error I just fixed but I will check you save out.

Locusts spawning has been taken out while I work on it. For it to work properly I need to replace The Great Wall. I have the idea and the beginnings of an algorithm but am no where near coding it yet. Basically instead of the Great Wall protecting all your land from barbarians for all time a series of forts will be built on your border. These will then, expand your borders sometimes and exert a "zone of control" so that if you man the forts no one can pass them without first destroying them. The forts then loose their usefulness as you expand an you will need to build another wonder to secure your borders later. As I said all theory at the moment.

I can't get this save to load. Probably because I have been messing with game fonts.

@Sleeeper, do you have a PythonErr.log in the Logs folder 9same place as the saves folder)? if so can you compress it and post it here for me to look at. If not can you turn logging on for next time. I am not so sure it is the same error as I have fixed. :)

I can't get this save to load. Probably because I have been messing with game fonts.

@Sleeeper, do you have a PythonErr.log in the Logs folder 9same place as the saves folder)? if so can you compress it and post it here for me to look at. If not can you turn logging on for next time. I am not so sure it is the same error as I have fixed. :)

That log seems overwritten by later playing after my post, though i continued with rev52 and error spam is gone away \o/

Top Bottom