Can any civ go for a domination victory?

I'd argue that Portugal is probably the civ most tilted away from domination, with no real military uniques at all, but by the late game your economy will be so stupid strong that it should balance out for them.

In one game as Portugal I actually I actually decided to go for a Domination victory halfway through the game. It was a small continents map and I built and bought many many Naus since they are basicly free when you find a far away city state. XD

When I had all those in the water I thought... let's build some frigates too and get all those nice coastal capitals. After conquering half the capitals I could upgrade them to steamships and get the rest.

Naus aren't better at combat but you aren't penalized to rush buy them so you can just have a huge navy.

so wrong so wrong - Venice is top domination dog ...

I've kind of wondered how well Venice would do in domination and how they'd handle Razing. With the insane gold production, you can buy your army with ease, but how does razing work? I have only played Venice once, which was an easy Immortal win.

I'd argue that Portugal is probably the civ most tilted away from domination, with no real military uniques at all, but by the late game your economy will be so stupid strong that it should balance out for them.
One thing to consider - with a good use of Feitorias you can wage war without caring about Happiness and your relationships with City-States.

I've kind of wondered how well Venice would do in domination and how they'd handle Razing. With the insane gold production, you can buy your army with ease, but how does razing work? I have only played Venice once, which was an easy Immortal win.

If you can sustain the "insane" gold production - victory is in the bag .. But that is no easy task when the whole world hates / DOWs you.. (hard to keep those trade routes going and probably not to the best gold output - but the safest routes) .. Also there is that thing called embargo ... Even then they can't take away the internal trade routes ...Still extremely powerful civ with crazy flexibility ...

Top Bottom