AI!

ringwraith18

Chieftain
So I recently started playing R:I after a few months absence. I have now remembered why I quit - every single game I'm in, regardless of who the AI is or my own military strength, every single game consists of a group of AI players continuously declaring war on me until I destroy them, or I quit in frustration.

Even if the AI has no chance whatsoever, it will still declare war. The end result is that I am constantly at war, and if I'm surrounded by two or three other civs the cycle of wars will eventually grind me down until I quit in frustration.

Is this an issue for other people? Maybe I've just got one of those faces :lol:

So I recently started playing R:I after a few months absence. IIs this an issue for other people? Maybe I've just got one of those faces :lol:

If you post the game options you use - that would help. Also consider posting a save file for the team to look at. :)

I am noticing this happen a lot . Like in the crusade scenario, Denmark will declare war , lose, and come back again and again. I think they are just trying to knock you out of the higher score, since it is their only chance at winning

The problem lies with the inclusion of Karadoc's modified AI or K-mod. It certainly enhanced the AI aggression index, but it makes diplomacy extremely fickle.
Funnily enough, that represents well the past diplomacy, but, from a gameplay viewpoint, that degrades the player's experience.

Myself, I am divided when it comes to play Realism Invictus. In fact, there is two factors:

1) No diplomacy if your friend doesn't have a mortal enemy.
2) Linear gameplay

I have realized how linear the gameplay could be and I deduced it all boiled down how weakened slavery became. I didn't realize before how slavery was a keypoint to game flexibility. In fact, it boils down to the concept of "degrees of freedom". Like an imaginary 3D figure that can be moved according to the constraints, if a mod proposes many degrees of freedom, then the gameplay flexibility augments. In many mods I have tried, few gave true flexibility. In fact, the original unmodded game gave the best flexibility of gameplay.
Anyways, I derive....

Top Bottom