Civilization V crashing after Windows 10 upgrade

Spenny91

Chieftain
So, the game worked fine on Windows 7, and since the upgrade to Windows 10, it crashes as it hits the loading screen right on start up. A difference I noticed is that instead of recommending DirectX 10/11, it says to launch the Windows 8 Touch Enabled thing. I've tried all the 3 (DirectX 9, DirectX 10/11, and the Windows 8 touch enabled version) and none work. The other day I got into a game it crashed on like turn 10 or something. When I try reloading that save, it also crashes. I've been trying to see if it crashes on earlier autosaves, but the game went back to crashing on the loading screen. Now, I know that it probably isn't windows 10 that's the issue, because my friends who've upgraded play it fine, but it's the only thing that changed. Thanks for any help!

So, the game worked fine on Windows 7, and since the upgrade to Windows 10, it crashes as it hits the loading screen right on start up. A difference I noticed is that instead of recommending DirectX 10/11, it says to launch the Windows 8 Touch Enabled thing. I've tried all the 3 (DirectX 9, DirectX 10/11, and the Windows 8 touch enabled version) and none work. The other day I got into a game it crashed on like turn 10 or something. When I try reloading that save, it also crashes. I've been trying to see if it crashes on earlier autosaves, but the game went back to crashing on the loading screen. Now, I know that it probably isn't windows 10 that's the issue, because my friends who've upgraded play it fine, but it's the only thing that changed. Thanks for any help!

Spenny, could you check the root folder for Civ V (located here for me: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V), and see if there are any *.mdmp files that are tagged to the date and time of the crash? If so, zip it up and attach it, we would love to take a look.

Thanks!

Spenny, could you check the root folder for Civ V (located here for me: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V), and see if there are any *.mdmp files that are tagged to the date and time of the crash? If so, zip it up and attach it, we would love to take a look.

Thanks!

Hey, what do you mean by zip it? I had a few from a while ago, I just tried it again and I've got one for Sept. 23 now, and it was a crash on the loading screen. So yeah lemme know and I'll attach it.

he might mean to place the .mdmp file inside a zip archive. get something like 7zip its free and can zip files.

I am having the same problem. Want my crash logs too?

edit: I am using windows 10 now, that is really the only change.

Attachments

• Sid Meier's Civilization V crashes.rar
    622.6 KB · Views: 70
Hi,

I am having the same problem, tried everything. Game crashes each time I hit the next turn button. Very grateful for any help, see attached mdmp file.

Christian

Attachments

• civilizationv_dx11_403694_crash_2015_11_10T22_47_27C0.zip
    30.3 KB · Views: 65
Top Bottom