Instances of poor documentation

kajillion

Chieftain
I have a city between a lake and the ocean and I've noticed that the tool tips for buildings that boost water tiles are woefully inconsistent.

The tooltip for Lighthouses says that they boost ocean tiles with a +1 to food and I thought that meant non-lake, non-coast tiles, but it boosts ocean and coast tiles. Making them on par with lake tiles.

The tooltip for the Colossus says that it boosts the output of water tiles by +1 gold, but it doesn't affect lakes.

Are there any other tooltips that lie?

Not tooltip, but in Civpedia thingy it said Lake is anybody of water 10 tiles or smaller surrounded by land, but in actuality 9 tiles of water is maximum number to be a lake. >_>

I found the UA description for Korea to be extremely vague and confusing.

It does not list out exact criteria, and some buildings do meet the criteria but does not apply...

They should just straight up list out the requirements...

The civilopedia has been bad since Civ III. Nothing to do about that unfortunately, it is indeed at times vague and misleading. Gotta love that RA explanation :/

Tradition Closer: "+15% growth and a free aquaduct in your first 4 cities" So 15% in all cities or just the first four?

(One of the founder beliefs): "gain science upon spreading religion". Seriously? i'm supposed to gauge how much I value this belief compared to others with that description? "Gain science"? Imagine if the tooltip for a Library just said "Gain science, pay maintenance".

Top Bottom