Renderer Error

Hi John

What Power Supply Unit do you have? I too had similar problems (crashing in DX11 and Black screens in DX9). It was after I upgraded my Graphics card and PSU.

It looks like I was struggling to power everything properly with my stock 280W power supply. As a result, the PSU was working extra hard and also running extra hot.

Have you upgraded the PSU along with the GFX and how's cooling in your system?

Thanks AlcatrazUK,
That was my first thought too, so I changed from the 250W out of the box PSU to a 500W Corsair, and no change. I just swapped out box for box, so I don't know if need to do anything with the computer settings to make sure the extra power is getting where it needs to be, but the power should be there. I haven't added anything extra on top of that for cooling; just figuring the bigger fan on the new supply would be enough.

Hmm, not sure then.
It really is frustrating when you do everything you can to make a game better and it rewards you with these errors.
Hopefully someone else on here might be able to give you some insight.

Thanks AlcatrazUK,
That was my first thought too, so I changed from the 250W out of the box PSU to a 500W Corsair, and no change. I just swapped out box for box, so I don't know if need to do anything with the computer settings to make sure the extra power is getting where it needs to be, but the power should be there. I haven't added anything extra on top of that for cooling; just figuring the bigger fan on the new supply would be enough.

There is probably one or more corrupted files, that need to be re-downloaded.

What happens when you verify local files? If you keep getting files downloading, you may want to try to manually delete the files, or load to a different drive.

That would rule out drives. You could still have a memory issue. The new card may even have issues. Is there another computer that you know plays the game fine, that you can put the card into to rule out the card?

Steam said the local files were fine. I've got a support ticket out to Diamond for the graphics card but haven't had any meaningful response yet. Don't have any spare computers that I can run the game on either, sorry to say.

In this case, the problem seemed to start after the new graphics card was installed. It could be a coincidence though.

So, I've been experiencing this Render Error recently. I am running G&K, and have had the game for a while, and just got back into it. Unfortunately the Render Error is making things unplayable.

In game, I've tried adjusting all the graphic quality options to their lowest settings, but that hasn't seemed to solve anything. Tried playing in DX 9 but no good either.

Outside of the game, I've used the Nvidia Control Panel to adjust the performance to quality slider for GPU to performance.

Is there anything I can do? I seem to be able to run games like XCOM: Enemy Unknown without any graphics issues, and I've been able to play Skyrim for a good year or two.

Thanks.

Yohei

It looks like mine was a problem with the graphics card. Diamond had me ship it to them for service, but they didn't seem to have any idea what was wrong with it. Now I'm back to my integrated graphics, so the game works again, it's just slow and the graphics stink. I'll let you know what they come back with.

Finally found a fix that works for me. In the Civ V Video Options menu disable GPU Texture Decode. I've played several times using DX11 with all options on High and the frequent crashes associated with leader animations have entirely disappeared.

Hello everyone:

I´m having this problem since I bought BNW expansion, the game crashes to a black screen, I must put alt-tab to go to the desktop to find that the there is an open window named "Render Error" and says "FGX Renderer II :: Present failed hr=DXG1 ERROR DEVICE REMOVED Driver Failure".

Before BNW I never had crashes.
I have a Toshiba Qosmio:
- i7 840qm
- Nvidia 460m
- 8GB RAM
- Windows 7
- Directx 11.0

I've tried several things to fix it without success:

- install new nvidia drivers
- delete all the game, even deleted all steam data and "my games" folder, reinstall the game from steam
- formatting all my laptop to Factory settings and downloading all updates

The game is only playable now in Directx 9 or in Directx 11 with all video settings on medium or low. I must say that before BNW I played with all video settings on high by default.

Please can someone help me with this problem? I'm now stucked.

I just adjust to "prefer maximum perfermance" on nvidia control panel and the game crashed. I'm rolling back drivers to see if that Works.

Nope. I tried other last 4 drivers and the game crashed. If I want to start a game on huge map it crash at the beginning.

Moderator Action: Merging this thread with the the main Renderer Error thread.

I have the same probleme with Brave New World Expansion. Since I installed it the game started to have randomly crashes and sometimes a window pops out saying 'FGX Renderer 11 Present failes hr=dxgi error device removed driver failure'.

My setup have GPU Texture decode disable and it still crashes.

I think I fix the problem. I was using a Afterburner program to check my GPU usage and clocks while I'm trying to play. Well, when I start I game, on default Factory video settings, the GPU usage was aroung 97 to 99% ALL THE TIME until it crashes and goes to less than 10%. I tested other games and the GPU usage was only at 98% for seconds, like maximum peaks.

...so I tried to low a Little bit my Factory clocks from the GPU, I think it was 670 MHz, now it's 650.
So far, no crashes, the game its perfoming well enough.

However, I don't think that this should be a solution, it's a temporary fix in my case. I don't know what is happening on the game that with my gpu's original setting the driver crashes. I hope it's fix son enough....my video card is now underclocked!!!

Thank you

Hey! Im trying to run CivV on my Microsoft Surface Pro running Windows 8.1.

When I go in and try to start a new game or load an old one the entire application freezes and a dialogue box opens in the back which displays the error

HTML:
FGXRenderer11::Present failed hr=DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

This has been happening for a while and I cannot seem to find a solution for it online. I have already attempted to re-install the game, steam, and my graphics drivers to try to solve the problem.

Let me know!
Thanks!

Moderator Action: Merging this thread with the existing one on the same subject.

starspy,

Welcome to CivFanatics!

Please read the master thread for possible solutions to your problem. Good luck!

Top Bottom