Playing as England

brewgod

Prince
Hello Fellow Civ 5 Fans;

With all the threads I have read regarding England and it's Naval Dominance and that most all players love playing them due to their Strength's, my Big question is .... "IF" you do not plan on a military victory condition and do not plan on Naval Wars during game play but rather focus on cargo ships and economy and the on going of increasing your science....is there any reason to choose England as your Civ???

I personally don't see the point of choosing England if Naval Dominance is not your game play. Or am I missing strong points by not playing England.

Playing as Poland first time ever and will enjoy the free social policies.

Any thoughts or criticism would be helpful.

Thanks

Brew God

Yes,
England has a direct bonus to Diplomatic victory. (1 additional spy equals one additional diplomat)

England can also settle overseas colonies faster than most civs (embarked units get its UA bonus just like naval units)

For land combat, England's Longbow is one of the best in the game for both defense & offense. (Poor man's artillery early, and it keeps the free range promotion when upgraded so you have Gatling Guns / Machine Guns / Bazookas with range 2.)

Spies. England gets one extra, which is quite a plus when wanting to steal techs, or generally spy or creating diplomatic power.

Oh, yea and longbows are great early game.

Top Bottom