Resource icon

Cultural Diversity

I think you misunderstood a bit. I have no musical problems. And I forgot to mention that rhe DoM bug happens only sometimes. The sound that is missing is the sound of the units talking in their language. But this is only on certain Civs such as Gustav 2 Adolf and Oscar 2 but not Karl 12. (As the Swedish voices as an example)

Usually, I'll need paintings for the splash screens. Though digital art of futuristic igloo metropolises would work, too ;)

I attempted to find some pictures on the web.

Spoiler :
Classical/Medieval

Classical/Medieval

Enlightenment/Industrial

Modern/Atomic

Future

Not that I dislike the future one at all (it's actually very cool-looking), but here's a few alternatives taken from the Mass Effect games:
Spoiler :

Originally I prefered this picture as Future one, but chose a different one, because it actually had a human being in it.
Spoiler :

Also, possible Modern/Atomic.
Spoiler :

Originally I prefered this picture as Future one, but chose a different one, because it actually had a human being in it.
Spoiler :

Also, possible Modern/Atomic.
Spoiler :

These are remarkable, thank you. Sukritact has kindly compiled them together into their splash screen form, and I think I have what I need.

Was going to give some feedback on the new update, ans report the problems I ran into. First off unit audio, Sometimes it has a tendency to play two different audio together (resulting in funny sentences) when upgrading the units, or when you set them on the alert will result in overlaps and spam. Some Civs also lacks audio (Gustav 2 Adolf and Oscar are the ones I've found so far while Karl has.) Another problem is that the "Dawn of Man" sometimes do not show up however I have the start bonuses.

Most custom civs don't have support yet, however, it seems that the default setting isn't working well. Will test. And I'll still working on the dialogue overlap.

I don't know about the Dawn of Man popup, as it always fires for me without fail. My guess is there is a mod that somehow interferes. I think last time this happened (a long while ago) it was the Really Advanced Setup mod.

CulDiv updated:

• Reduced the default volume for unit dialogue to 50.
  • Fixed an issue with the modded support trigger.
  • Tribal-America now begins with Bison.
  • Mesoamerica now begins with Calendar.
  • Dialogue should no longer overlap when a unit is selected (it will still overlap if multiple units are selected in quick succession, but this is to be expected).

Here are some more :)

Ancient/Classical
Spoiler :

Ancient/Classical
Spoiler :

Medieval
Spoiler :

Industrial (if shiny blue robot is edited out)
Spoiler :

For some reason Nicholas' Russia is starting as western instead of eastern. The mod files look right to me. No issues with any other civ.

CulDiv updated:

• Mesoamerica now begins with Calendar.

I don't know, I think giving free Calendar is much too strong of a bonus. Calendar is a much more useful tech than the other free tech bonuses. Plantations improve more resources than the other improvements and give access to almost every luxury from the start of the game (so a huge happy and trade advantage). Calendar also unlocks Stonehenge (no other free culture bonus tech unlocks a wonder and high faith AI might even get stuck trying to build the wonder from turn one). A third column tech is also a lot of free science (double the free science than giving Pottery or Animal Husbandry... Trapping is kind of meh so it gets a pass). I really think another bonus should be given to the group.

Archery unlocks the Temple of Artemis, so another group also unlocks a wonder.

Archery unlocks the Temple of Artemis, so another group also unlocks a wonder.

Archery was the old Mesoamerica bonus which was replaced by Calendar... but Archery is also a 2nd column tech (so half the free science) and doesn't unlock one of the most important improvements in the game so unlocking a wonder from the start is less of an issue (Calendar is a bunch of great bonuses with a wonder unlock on top of all that).

Bug report: starting a game as Maratha with the latest version of CulDiv, I had no DoM popup.

EDIT: ditto Brazil

EDIT EDIT: Mughals are working fine

The soundtrack for Never Alone should be a good source for Polar music, the full OST is on YouTube here.

I hadn't heard of that game but damn that soundtrack nearly moved me to tears. I would definitely second adding it. Man, if you could implement that and the gorgeous era images, I'd definitely give the Inuit another go!

As far as bonuses go, maybe you could give them a small culture bonus for settling Snow cities, just to give some incentive to go there.

Pretty sure that part is commented out, and that should suggest that it's not implemented. Regardless, I don't even see the option in my version.

So there are no golden age bonuses? A pity.

However I wanna say, this mod is amazing - but I especially love its music. It is wonderful. It is perfect. Everyone who was choosing it deserves a cake ;)

I still don't know why I get TXT_KEY_GA_BONUS_blablabla instead of proper description of starting bonus.

I just want to say that I didn't even notice you had added in some of Pharaoh's soundtrack to the game until I caught myself humming along to it.

Which is most excellent, if also slightly weird because it tricks my brain into thinking Pharaoh things instead of Civ things. Ehehe.

Top Bottom