How does Random Personalities work?

If you want truly random personalities (who might act really strange), go into the xml file called "GlobalAIDefines", find the row named "Flavor_randomization_range", and change it to 10. That means that any flavor they have can be anything else from game to game.

So random personalities just assigns random numbers, rather than increasing the potential range from base? I never played with random personalities, but it is interesting to know.

However, with your idea, Gandhi is still going to nuke you! You'd need 13, I think, to ever have a chance of getting his nuke loving personality to 0.

So random personalities just assigns random numbers, rather than increasing the potential range from base? I never played with random personalities, but it is interesting to know.

However, with your idea, Gandhi is still going to nuke you! You'd need 13, I think, to ever have a chance of getting his nuke loving personality to 0.

I think I explained it poorly; think of a leader's "Personality" as his set of flavors. Random personalities takes one random leader's personality and in lehman's terms, copies and pastes it into a different leader's file. So Gandhi would act exactly like monty, not a pseudo-monty-gandhi mix.

I think I explained it poorly; think of a leader's "Personality" as his set of flavors. Random personalities takes one random leader's personality and in lehman's terms, copies and pastes it into a different leader's file. So Gandhi would act exactly like monty, not a pseudo-monty-gandhi mix.

How are you sure about this? Is there something that points to this in the files?

Interesting read. I'm fairly new to civ but have been playing with ramdom personalities on because I don't like to know that if Alex or Augustus is next to me I need to protect and watch that boarder more so if it's Ghandi.

Kind of disturbs me though that this is somewhat crippling to the AI because of the UA and UU's.

I also play with no start preference just for the randomness.

Interesting read. I'm fairly new to civ but have been playing with ramdom personalities on because I don't like to know that if Alex or Augustus is next to me I need to protect and watch that boarder more so if it's Ghandi.

Kind of disturbs me though that this is somewhat crippling to the AI because of the UA and UU's.

I also play with no start preference just for the randomness.

Exactly how I play. Ghandi is way too predictable, it feels like a cheat. I want to be questioning how my neighbours will act each new Campaign.Now I can`t be sure how Ghandi or any other Civ might be until I play the Campaign a while.

Top Bottom