Basic Expanded (mod comp)

modifieda4

Chief Time Waster
Basic Expanded by ModifiedA4 v1.6 1/25/2014

The Basic Expanded mod is a stripped down and updated version of my Expanded Plus mod. The original Expanded Next War mod by Chiyu is the base for this mod. Essentially a minimalized Next War mod.

1.6 Download here

Change log:
Spoiler :

• 1.0 initial release
  • 1.1 fixed arcology city ruins not appearing
  • 1.2 reduced late game inflation
  • 1.3 removed JKP1187's EVENTS and separated them into their own module
  • 1.4 fixed aquaculture tech, increases food output of fishing boats
  • 1.5:
    fixed late game tech tree
    moved fast fallout scrub to cold fusion
    arcologies require composites
    changed sam inf upgrade path
    changed destroyer upgrade path
    NOT DONE: TECH TREE ALIGNMENT
  • 1.6:
    applied inflation gamespeed rebalancing to 100% max rate
    used next war gamespeed to make game end at 2100AD
Requirements:
  • BTS 3.19
  • BUG 4.4 (installed as a standalone mod)
  • Gamecore DLL independant

see readme.txt for installation instructions.

Features:
Spoiler :

Units:
  • Clones (worker units)
  • Automatons (clone combat unit)
  • Cyborg (clone combat unit)
  • Assault Mech
  • Biological Warfare Missile
Buildings:
  • Biological warfare lab
  • Clone Factory
  • Mind Control Center
  • Assault Mech
  • Biological Warfare Missile
Improvements:
  • Arcology ruins
Promotions:
  • Anti-Biological Warfare
  • Nanoids
Wonders:
  • Centers for Disease Control
Techs:
  • Shielding
  • Advanced Shielding
  • Aquaculture
  • Biological Warfare
  • Bionics
  • Cloning
  • Cold Fusion
  • Cybernetics
  • Hydroponics
...and Next War traits.

Question: Am I right in thinking that this mod will give me BUG plus the Next War techs and units?

I was trying to knock together a BAT plus Next War techs and units mod but ... BAT used some form of component python / xml which defeated me.

Question: Am I right in thinking that this mod will give me BUG plus the Next War techs and units?

I was trying to knock together a BAT plus Next War techs and units mod but ... BAT used some form of component python / xml which defeated me.

Essentially yes. Its adapted from a next war mod that fixes the corporations, etc. The specifics of what you can expect is above.

BTW: I removed the dreadnaught unit, 'cause i think its stupid. :)

If you want all the BUG functionality you'll need to add their Gamecore DLL. Or use any DLL you want. (I recommend Lt. Bob's Gamecore since it fixes global warming in a simple way)

The XML will have to be manually merged with other mods, or you can overwrite/add the XML to the structure of a clean BUG 4.4 standalone install and it should work right out of the box.

I'm in the future era of a marathon game using this mod, so I know it works. Nukes are being tossed, and assault mechs are deployed. Quite fun! :D

hey modifieda4, love your modcomps, great work. i did come across a potential prob with this one though. appols if im wrong, im trying out a bunch of mods and stuff so maybe its not in your mod.

you included xml events (JKP1187's??) in this but some of the events rely on python changes in CvRandomEventInterface.py, which you didnt include.

oh and if anyone else runs into the issue, the futbol event thingy seemed to cause errors in my setup, so rather than trying to fix the issue properly, i just deleted its entry in CvRandomEventInterface.py, CIV4EventInfos.xml and CIV4EventTriggerInfos.xml. cleared it up.

thanks agains for the mod!

hey modifieda4, love your modcomps, great work. i did come across a potential prob with this one though. appols if im wrong, im trying out a bunch of mods and stuff so maybe its not in your mod.

you included xml events (JKP1187's??) in this but some of the events rely on python changes in CvRandomEventInterface.py, which you didnt include.

oh and if anyone else runs into the issue, the futbol event thingy seemed to cause errors in my setup, so rather than trying to fix the issue properly, i just deleted its entry in CvRandomEventInterface.py, CIV4EventInfos.xml and CIV4EventTriggerInfos.xml. cleared it up.

thanks agains for the mod!

satrapper, sorry for the extreme delay in reponding.

You are exactly right, the events were screwed up. :confused: To fix it I stripped all the events out of this mod. I was able to start from scratch and build an events module as a standalone mod comp.

See Basic Events

The events module is JKP1187's EVENTS put into BUG 4.4 format. I verified it to work, I can't believe I missed the events not firing off before :( Hopefully this works for you now.

Thanks again for the feedback!

update:

I just uploaded rev 1.6 which includes unreleased 1.5 changes.

For 1.6 i fixed what I consider a major BTS flaw, late game inflation. I rebalanced the inflation rates as described here

essentially i calculated the top rate was not the same for different game speed at the same handicap level. here are the top rates for handicap monarch and above:
Code:
	%
marathon137
epic	125
normal	121
quick	110

so like playing marathon? you're screwed. :eek:

with the changes to CIV4GameSpeedInfo.xml the top rate for each handicap is the same regardless of gamespeed. and i set this top rate to 100% in year 2100AD.

marathon away! :goodjob:

How exactly can you think the Dreadnought is stupid but leave the Assault Mech in? :crazyeye:

If anything it should be the other way around, as the Dreadnought is nothing but the logical conclusion of tank warfare and thus about the most realistic Next War unit.

How exactly can you think the Dreadnought is stupid but leave the Assault Mech in? :crazyeye:

If anything it should be the other way around, as the Dreadnought is nothing but the logical conclusion of tank warfare and thus about the most realistic Next War unit.

why is the dreadought stupid? let me count the ways:

• too powerful
  • too early
  • unbalances warfare
  • no defense against it with existing city defense units

if mechs were the default city defense unit, then the game would need a unit like the dreadnought to regain balance. as it is, mechs are limited in quantity. so the next best thing is mechanized infantry which is pitiful against a dreadnought. its easy to win a military campain with a dreadought, which is a sign it is unbalanced. perhaps that is why you like it?

zing. :crazyeye:

if you like dreadnoughts, put them back in. eventually i plan on making a whole bunch of mechs to add in, in which case the dreadnought may make another appearance :)

• too powerful
  • too early
  • unbalances warfare
  • no defense against it with existing city defense units

• Increase Cost and Building Requirements then
  • Make a different tech enable it then
  • See point 1
  • Use Guided Missiles and Air Force

if mechs were the default city defense unit, then the game would need a unit like the dreadnought to regain balance. as it is, mechs are limited in quantity. so the next best thing is mechanized infantry which is pitiful against a dreadnought. its easy to win a military campain with a dreadought, which is a sign it is unbalanced. perhaps that is why you like it?

As I already said, I like it because it is by far the most realistic unit added by Next War. Unless you removed it they also have a limit on their numbers, thus they and the Assault Mech to indeed counter each other.

Top Bottom