Natural Wonders?

.Shane.

Take it like a voter
Retired Moderator
Sorry if this has been posted before...

But, wouldn't it be cool if maps had a certain number of "Natural Wonders"? On a vanilla map, say about 5-10.

The Grand Canyon, Yosemite, Yellowstone, Mt. Everest, Lake Victoria, feel free to add some. Obviously, mine are more US-centric, but I'm sure there are many other great NWs around the world.

Most typically they'd provide massive coins once you get out of the earliest eras and have them connected. I'm sure a few could have benefits to science or to health, etc...

Anyway... :)

Plus, they'd look cool on the map. :)

.Shane. said:
Sorry if this has been posted before...

But, wouldn't it be cool if maps had a certain number of "Natural Wonders"? On a vanilla map, say about 5-10.

The Grand Canyon, Yosemite, Yellowstone, Mt. Everest, Lake Victoria, feel free to add some. Obviously, mine are more US-centric, but I'm sure there are many other great NWs around the world.

Most typically they'd provide massive coins once you get out of the earliest eras and have them connected. I'm sure a few could have benefits to science or to health, etc...

Anyway... :)

Plus, they'd look cool on the map. :)

Good Idea.
Just have names like Grand Canyon, Yellowstone and other Vanilla names.

yes, it could really bring some more reality to the game -
i would like to see mt. Rashmor - but on the side of their butts :-D

A few possibilities:

Mt. Everest
Great Barrier Reef
Dead Sea
Ayers Rock
Mt. Fiji
Yellowstone
Rift Valley

I think they would need either a very long list of features, or a more generic system of randomly named unique features to avoid them getting repetative.

Truronian said:
A few possibilities:

Mt. Everest
Great Barrier Reef
Dead Sea
Ayers Rock
Mt. Fiji
Yellowstone
Rift Valley

I think they would need either a very long list of features, or a more generic system of randomly named unique features to avoid them getting repetative.

Nice. Yeah, it would be cool and the idea is not to add something overly complicated to the game, but just as a nicety to add a little more depth to an already rich game. :)

Might be interesting in the way that SMAC had them, where they were the same landmarks, with specific boni, but were moved and changed from random map to random map, so shuffed around, but still in place. Having the bonus would add a "King of the Hill" kind of feel sometimes, where civs would fight over the bonus that a landmark would have.

I guess what you're really talking about is a super-resource, something tied to the land that you would end up fighting over. I'm sure they would be able to incorporate more than just tourist commerce into such feature, extra hammers or religion spread or whatever.

They'd be a different kind of resource, most resources eventually become redundant as the tech moves on, but these would provide a bonus the whole way through (maybe?) but it would be a generic bonus and not a necessity for building certain units etc. Thus, it would be a long term goal in war, but not an immediate one to cut out certain units. Something to capture rather than to simply prevent the opponent having.

Hmm, I guess super terrrain would be a better classification for it. Yeah, great idea.

Top Bottom