CNES: The Flames of War (BETA)

@Crezth, IF you had the time and inclination, I have some cosmetic requests :)

New Name: Seyzan Nakutan (Guardian Council)

New Border Colour: Gold / Dark Yellow (whatever looks best!)

New Landship Sprite:

Is it possible to flagify this?:

Hmm, I could organize a loan of a few mod points, since I haven't found any cool sprites that look the way I picture the Urethaku forces to look yet.

On that note, has anyone seen any sprites of overly fancy, grandiose tanks and armoured vehicles? ;)

Oh come on, its me, the sprite guy: you are already using some of my custom sprites on the map (Iggy & LJ's dudes) :)

Fair enough, thanks on the other things, but I did write an epic story (pg 5) that perhaps went unnoticed :/

The rest I can do, but this would run you 15 mod points, I'm afraid. ;)

How would one earn mod points, if I may ask?

I thought stories granted them to you, which is partly why I spent Sundary whipping up a national identity and history of the few years before the philosopher's rebellion and actually composing a whole musical piece for the very same cause. I'm still pretty proud of the product, of course, so it's still worth having it done. It's just kind of hard to make 15 tech trees, much less for each player to do so. :p

Did you like the composition btw?

EDIT:

Oh come on, its me, the sprite guy: you are already using some of my custom sprites on the map (Iggy & LJ's dudes) :)

<3 I read through NEB the other day, actually. Great read. :)

I know Daft, I'm looking for more sprites that are thematically similar to my infantry. :D

Hmm, I could organize a loan of a few mod points, since I haven't found any cool sprites that look the way I picture the Urethaku forces to look yet.

On that note, has anyone seen any sprites of overly fancy, grandiose tanks and armoured vehicles? ;)

Iggy, if you like I could take that up as a side project, after updating NESLife V :)

I made a steampunk-style tank and some other things for NEB1, if you remember all those foreign armies I threw into the chaos. I'll have a hunt for my old graphics.

Y-yeah, b-but... oh, okay, fine. Just this once. Think of it as my way of saying thanks. >_>

How would one earn mod points, if I may ask?

Whim. :scan:

Your stuff is cool, I'm just being difficult. I'll see to fixing that.

I'd rather you work on your own projects rather than spend a bunch of time working on something for me, but thanks for the offer. :D

It's the deadline. Update beginning now 'n' stuff. If you send orders after this point, no guarantee they'll be implemented.

Whim. :scan:

Your stuff is cool, I'm just being difficult. I'll see to fixing that.

I wish my parents hadn't told me begging didn't work. :lol: Seriously, though, thanks, I don't have an issue if I wouldn't get anything from it, it just feels good to have some sort of recognition. ^^

Update 4: The Quagmire Blues

Politics Report

BIRODALMAT SZUZIES: Gives Ballistics, Chemistry, and Domestic Goods blueprints to Muscovia, Great Lijiang, and Blue Bombers! Whillikers! Gets 1 mod point for fast orders!

EUZARO: Gets 1 mod point for fast orders!

GALLEE KOR: Gets 1 mod point for fast orders!

SUSUMU: Gets 1 mod point for fast orders!

MUSCOVIA: Gets 2 mod points for good content! Wowzers!

BOLSHAYA YUZHNOI SOYUZA BELKI: Trades Entrenching Tools blueprint to New Daeacht.

CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC OF LIJIAN: Trades Domestic Goods blueprint to Ateuma.

THE EMPIRE OF NEW DAEACHT: Trades Submachine Guns blueprint to Bolshaya Yuzhnoi Soyuza Belki.

ENLIGHTENED SARKANTOS: Gets 1 mod point for good content! Dohoho!

ATEUMA: Trades Submachine Guns blueprint to Lijian.

GREAT TYTHON:

KANDRA: Formed under the watchful guidance of Popcornlord!

REFORMED REPUBLIC OF GREAT LIJIANG: Formed under the baleful guidance of Masada!

BLUE BOMBERS: Formed under the guided watch of flyingchicken!

Alliance Watch

Domeni dels Cendres, Muscovia, and Birodalmat Szuzies remain chummy!

Lijian, Susumu, and Chaoyang continue their MAP (Mutual Aggrandizement Pact)!

Enlightened Sarkantos and Ninth Diarchy rather enamoured with one another - yes, still!

Economic Report

BIRODALMAT SZUZIES:
Urbanizes Alefei.
Banks $2.
Researches Ballistics.
Researches Differential Hardening.
Occupies Tyrossa.
Occupies Kivas.

EUZARO:
Banks $16.
Researches Aerodynamics.

GALLEE KOR:
Builds Artillery in Valasha.
Builds Infantry in Ugrundet.
Builds Destroyer in Llohwa Sea.
Builds Lander in Llohwa Sea.
Researches Ballistics.

SUSUMU:
Builds Destroyer in Coast of Ejin.
Builds Landship in Zetsuji.
Builds Infantry in Phudakiir.
Researches Mechanized Agriculture.
Annexes Ietsu.

CHAOYANG INTENDANCY:
Builds Landship in Eastern Zalafi.
Researches Mechanized Agriculture.
Annexes Western Zalafi.

NINTH DIARCHY:
Builds Landship in Zulara.
Banks $3.
Researches Improved Suspensions.

MUSCOVIA:
Builds Landship in Borotyr.
Builds Landship in Chaisadov.
Builds Infantry in Zhenkov.
Researches Entrenching Tools.

DOMENI DELS CENDRES:
Builds Infantry in Duncairn.
Industrializes Anconi.
Research Mechanized Agriculture.
Annexes Duncairn.

BOLSHAYA YUZHNOI SOYUZA BELKI:
Builds Armored Car in Chaiyarsk.
Builds Landship in Ilyan.
Builds Infantry in Irkzan.
Researches Chemistry.
Annexes Ilyan.

CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC OF LIJIAN:
Builds Landship in Upper Siat.
Builds Armored Car in Jadian.
Builds Infantry in Jadian.
Unlocks Ballistics blueprint.
Researches Ballistics.
Annexes Zhalik.

THE EMPIRE OF NEW DAEACHT:
Builds 2 Stormtroopers in Cianed.
Banks $1.
Researches Differential Hardening.
Occupies Tythain.

THE TALLMAN REVOLUTION:
Builds Armored Car in Tu Gaol.
Researches Submachine Guns.

ENLIGHTENED SARKANTOS:
Builds Port in Narisiya.
Researches Domestic Goods.

ATEUMA:
Unlocks Chemistry blueprint.
Banks $11.
Researches Chemistry.
Annexes Urdaprathi.

GREAT TYTHON:
Builds Artillery in Fuar.
Builds 3 Infantry in Balmora.
Researches Entrenching Tools.

KANDRA:
Forms!

REFORMED REPUBLIC OF GREAT LIJIANG:
Forms!

BLUE BOMBERS:
Forms!

Combat Report

Birodalmat Szuzies Attacks Tyrossa!
Birodalmat Szuzies: No bonuses.
Tyrossa: +1 from Jungle, +1 from fortification.

Spoiler Battle of Tyrossa :
Birodalmat Szuzies ARMY:
3 Infantry
3 Armored Cars

Tyrossa ARMY:
3 Infantry

HEAT 1

Birodalmat Szuzies Infantry missed Tyrossa Infantry!
Birodalmat Szuzies Infantry hit Tyrossa Infantry! Tyrossa Infantry destroyed!
Birodalmat Szuzies Infantry missed Tyrossa Infantry!
Birodalmat Szuzies Armored Car hit Tyrossa Infantry! Tyrossa Infantry destroyed!
Birodalmat Szuzies Armored Car missed Tyrossa Infantry!
Birodalmat Szuzies Armored Car hit Tyrossa Infantry! Tyrossa Infantry destroyed!
Tyrossa Infantry missed Birodalmat Szuzies Armored Car!
Tyrossa Infantry hit Birodalmat Szuzies Armored Car! Birodalmat Szuzies Armored Car resisted the attack!
Tyrossa Infantry hit Birodalmat Szuzies Infantry! Birodalmat Szuzies Infantry destroyed!

RESULTS:

Birodalmat Szuzies ARMY:
2 Infantry
3 Armored Cars

Tyrossa ARMY:
No Tyrossa forces remain!

Birodalmat Szuzies VICTORY!

Officer promoted!

Birodalmat Szuzies Attacks Kivas!
Birodalmat Szuzies: No bonuses.
Kivas: +1 from Forest, +1 from fortification.

Spoiler Battle of Kivas :
Birodalmat Szuzies ARMY:
1 Landships

Kivas ARMY:
2 Infantry

HEAT 1

Birodalmat Szuzies Landship missed Kivas Infantry!
Kivas Infantry hit Birodalmat Szuzies Landship! Birodalmat Szuzies Landship resisted the attack!
Kivas Infantry hit Birodalmat Szuzies Landship! Birodalmat Szuzies Landship resisted the attack!

HEAT 2

Birodalmat Szuzies Landship hit Kivas Infantry! Kivas Infantry destroyed!

HEAT 3

Birodalmat Szuzies Landship hit Kivas Infantry! Kivas Infantry destroyed!

RESULTS:

Birodalmat Szuzies ARMY:
1 Landships

Kivas ARMY:
No Kivas forces remain!

Birodalmat Szuzies VICTORY!

Domeni dels Cendres Attacks the High Kingdom of Great Tython! Invades Balmora!
Domeni dels Cendres: +1 from flanking.
Great Tython: +3 from Cold, Hills, and Forest; +2 from fortification; Breakthrough doctrine.

Spoiler Siege of Balmora :
Domeni dels Cendres ARMY:
1 Infantry
1 Armored Cars
2 Landships
1 Artillery

Great Tython ARMY:
7 Infantry
2 Artillery

HEAT 1

Domeni dels Cendres Infantry missed Great Tython Infantry!
Domeni dels Cendres Armored Car missed Great Tython Infantry!
Domeni dels Cendres Landship missed Great Tython Infantry!
Domeni dels Cendres Landship hit Great Tython Infantry! Great Tython Infantry destroyed!
Domeni dels Cendres Artillery missed Great Tython Infantry!
Great Tython Infantry hit Domeni dels Cendres Infantry! Domeni dels Cendres Infantry destroyed!
Great Tython Infantry hit Domeni dels Cendres Armored Car! Domeni dels Cendres Armored Car resisted the attack!
Great Tython Infantry hit Domeni dels Cendres Artillery! Domeni dels Cendres Artillery destroyed!
Great Tython Infantry hit Domeni dels Cendres Landship! Domeni dels Cendres Landship resisted the attack!
Great Tython Infantry hit Domeni dels Cendres Landship! Domeni dels Cendres Landship resisted the attack!
Great Tython Infantry hit Domeni dels Cendres Armored Car! Domeni dels Cendres Armored Car resisted the attack!
Great Tython Artillery hit Domeni dels Cendres Landship! Domeni dels Cendres Landship resisted the attack!
Great Tython Artillery hit Domeni dels Cendres Landship! Domeni dels Cendres Landship resisted the attack!

HEAT 2

Domeni dels Cendres Armored Car missed Great Tython Artillery!
Great Tython Infantry missed Domeni dels Cendres Armored Car!
Great Tython Artillery hit Domeni dels Cendres Armored Car! Domeni dels Cendres Armored Car destroyed!
Great Tython Artillery's attack kept going and hit a Domeni dels Cendres Landship! Domeni dels Cendres Landship resisted the attack!
Great Tython Artillery's attack kept going and hit a Domeni dels Cendres Landship! Domeni dels Cendres Landship resisted the attack!
Great Tython Artillery hit Domeni dels Cendres Landship! Domeni dels Cendres Landship destroyed!

HEAT 3

Great Tython Artillery hit Domeni dels Cendres Landship! Domeni dels Cendres Landship destroyed!

RESULTS:

Domeni dels Cendres ARMY:
No Domeni dels Cendres forces remain!

Great Tython ARMY:
6 Infantry
2 Artillery

Great Tython VICTORY!

Bolshaya Yuzhnoi Soyuza Belki Attacks Talinsk!
BYSB: +1 from flanking.
Talinsk: +3 from Mountain and Desert, +1 from fortification.

Spoiler Battle of Talinsk :
BYSB ARMY:
1 Militia
1 Armored Cars
1 Landships

Talinsk ARMY:
1 Infantry

HEAT 1

BYSB Militia missed Talinsk Infantry!
BYSB Armored Car missed Talinsk Infantry!
BYSB Landship missed Talinsk Infantry!
Talinsk Infantry missed BYSB Armored Car!

HEAT 2

BYSB Militia missed Talinsk Infantry!
Talinsk Infantry hit BYSB Militia! BYSB Militia destroyed!

HEAT 3

Talinsk Infantry missed BYSB Armored Car!

RESULTS:

BYSB ARMY:
1 Armored Cars
1 Landships

Talinsk ARMY:
1 Infantry

Talinsk VICTORY!

BYSB units retreat to Ilyan...

New Daeacht Attacks Tythain!
New Daeacht: +1 from flanking.
Tythain: +1 from Cold, +1 from fortification.

Spoiler Battle of Tythain :
New Daeacht ARMY:
3 Infantry
2 Landships

Tythain ARMY:
5 Infantry

HEAT 1

New Daeacht Infantry hit Tythain Infantry! Tythain Infantry destroyed!
New Daeacht Landship hit Tythain Infantry! Tythain Infantry destroyed!
New Daeacht Landship missed Tythain Infantry!
Tythain Infantry hit New Daeacht Landship! New Daeacht Landship resisted the attack!
Tythain Infantry hit New Daeacht Landship! New Daeacht Landship resisted the attack!
Tythain Infantry missed New Daeacht Landship!
Tythain Infantry hit New Daeacht Infantry! New Daeacht Infantry destroyed!

HEAT 2

Tythain Infantry missed New Daeacht Infantry!

RESULTS:

New Daeacht ARMY:
2 Infantry
2 Landships

Tythain ARMY:
No Tythain forces remain!

New Daeacht VICTORY!

Ateuma Attacks Dedessa!
Ateuma: No bonuses.
Dedessa: +3 from Mountain and Desert, +1 from fortification.

Spoiler Battle of Dedessa :
Ateuma ARMY:
2 Armored Cars
1 Artillery

Dedessa ARMY:
3 Infantry

HEAT 1

Ateuma Armored Car missed Dedessa Infantry!
Ateuma Artillery missed Dedessa Infantry!
Dedessa Infantry hit Ateuma Armored Car! Ateuma Armored Car resisted the attack!
Dedessa Infantry hit Ateuma Artillery! Ateuma Artillery destroyed!
Dedessa Infantry hit Ateuma Armored Car! Ateuma Armored Car resisted the attack!

HEAT 2

Ateuma Armored Car hit Dedessa Infantry! Dedessa Infantry destroyed!

HEAT 3

RESULTS:

Ateuma ARMY:
2 Armored Cars

Dedessa ARMY:
2 Infantry
STALEMATE!

The fight continues!
Spoiler Struggle for Dedessa :
Ateuma ARMY:
2 Armored Cars

Dedessa ARMY:
2 Infantry

HEAT 1

HEAT 2

Ateuma Armored Car hit Dedessa Infantry! Dedessa Infantry destroyed!

HEAT 3

Ateuma Armored Car scored a critical hit on Dedessa Infantry! ZIP! BAM! WHACK! BOFFO! Dedessa Infantry destroyed!
Dedessa Infantry scored a critical hit on Ateuma Armored Car! ZIP! BAM! WHACK! BOFFO! Ateuma Armored Car destroyed!

RESULTS:

Ateuma ARMY:
1 Armored Cars

Dedessa ARMY:
No Dedessa forces remain!

Ateuma VICTORY!

Map

Spoiler The Map :

Spoiler Minimap :

There will be maps always/pathetically loading/open them in a new window

Moderator Notes

Starting now, Stats, Techs, and Tech Progress will be kept graphically, in the form of the following three Infographics (the front page will be updated to reflect this):

Spoiler Stats, Update 4 :

Spoiler Tech Progress :

Spoiler Tech Tree :

Soon units will also be easily visible in a nice little tooltip like this. As they are now, that&#8217;s too much real estate for too little info.

Sorry for the delayed update, it was a long one punctuated by a lot of work for frivolous non-NES related things. I also really wanted to push out the stats and tech update just because the longer I put it off, the more annoying it&#8217;d become. It&#8217;s better this way. ^_^;

Some of you may be wondering by my odd decision regarding the handling of Dedessa when Ateuma attacked it. By all rights, after the first combat, that should have been it. But a rule which I had in my private notes but never had officially published maintained that all Stalemates had to be settled by a grudge match that I termed a &#8220;Struggle,&#8221; and in my mind this was the default result to the kind of situation Ateuma found itself in. But as I was getting prepared to do the Struggle, I decided to check the front page to confirm that I had made the rule official - I had not. Pondering if I should have Ateuma retreat, I decided to go ahead with my previously unannounced rule because the official rules had nothing to say about a Stalemate situation. I therefore stood no risk of contradicting myself by pulling a rule out of nowhere, and I decided the precedent it would set outweighed the cost of deploying a ninja rule-out-of-nowhere. At any rate, that&#8217;s why this is a beta. *anime sweatdrop face... again*

@Daft: I'll be sure to incorporate your graphical requests for the next update. I'm afraid it was too much too late this time. *yet another anime sweatdrop face*

CHANGELOG
Spoiler Changelog :
[font=&#8221;New Courier&#8221;]RULES:
Forests no longer provide +1 defense level; instead, armor-type units now have -1 Atk when in forested regions and jungles (jungles still provide +1 defense).
&#8220;Stalemates,&#8221; results where neither side has claimed victory yet, will now see another round of combat called a &#8220;Struggle&#8221; with the same rules as the premeditary battle. A Struggle that also ends in stalemate will be victory for the defending team.
3 new techs added: Fragmentation Grenades, Structures, and Basic Construction.[/font]

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Shove it!

Orders due in 65 hours, or Monday, 9:00 PM GMT.

From the High Kingdom of Great Tython
To the Domeni del Cendres

This is kinda awkward.

I mean, I feel like I should vow to grind your cities into dust and tear your government down brick by brick, but that was so... anticlimactic I just want to drink until I forget it ever happened.

To: Blue Bombers

We congratulate our northern neighbors on being able to create an effective government in the region. We of course welcome the stability you bring to the region but please tell us what form of relationship you intend to have with us?

Unfortunately, the Emperor has discovered that many of his soldiers had not reached true enlightenment. They were weak and feeble individuals, and they were condemned to death. Saddened by their inability to please their Emperor, these soldiers made their last action on this Earth to rush at Tythonese guns in an effort to do something before their death. The Emperor thanks the accuracy of the Tythonese gunners to help enlighten his soldiers, but assures the world that a new army will rise from the ashes of the old one to help bring enlightenment to this world. For how can one teach suffering if they themselves had never suffered?

Thanks for the update! Interesting situation :)

BTW: could I get my name change at least?

---------------------------

To: REFORMED REPUBLIC OF GREAT LIJIANG

The Guardian Council officially recognises the new government of Lijiang. Long may you prosper!

To: Great Lijiang, Lijian, Ateuma and BYSB

We have avoided major bloodshed thus far. The world laughs at us for our belligerence and our mutual distrust. But there is still the opportunity to take a different course. Perhaps the time has come to negotiate a fair settlement of borders on our continent...?

Alright! I'm excited to finally be in the game!

Spoiler History, for those that care :
The greatest obstacle in the foundation of a new dynasty in South Urethak has been the mass of aggressive warlords in that land. Each one claimed themselves the proper heir to the last emperor, and waged an almost endless war to reclaim what they saw as their proper empire. Even if one person managed to kill the other "pretenders" in his area, either through assassination or war, new (wo)men would almost instantly rise up, complete with a mass of followers, struggling to claim even a brief glimpse of power. Who managed to finally produce political stability was, therefore, not a false prince, but a prophet. Toknat the Great, born in a small village in northern Uhaku, preached for the creation of a new Theocracy to unify the Urethaku people, and hopefully spread the worship of the Goddess Miehak across the globe. He also promoted modernizing the military as the way to best perform this task. Although he died young, in what was believed to be an assassination ordered by a nervous warlord, his message took hold in the local populace. Using their new, foreign-bought weapons, and a religious zeal only matched by their northern brothers, they soon unified the province of Uhaku, and began to look towards expanding outward...

To: Gallee Kor

Although we do not acknowledge you as the rightful heir to the old dynasties, you are still our sisters and brothers, both culturally and religiously. It is in both my interest, and the interest of the Urethaku people, for there to be peace between our two nations. We also request you respect our rightful claim on Kobo.

To: Anyone With Science

The high priestess has recently learned of something new and interesting, called technology. If anyone knows what this is, we would be willing to pay good money for blueprints. Especially something called "Entrenching Tools".

To: Great Lijiang, Lijian, Ateuma and BYSB

We have avoided major bloodshed thus far. The world laughs at us for our belligerence and our mutual distrust. But there is still the opportunity to take a different course. Perhaps the time has come to negotiate a fair settlement of borders on our continent...?

To: Muscovia

Give us a reason to trust you. As we have said before, you do not have the greatest of track records with us.

@ Crezth - I should have five Infantry in Irkzan. Four moved from Chaiyarsk (the fourth was missing from the map last update) and one built there. There shouldn't be an Infantry in Chaiyarsk.

BTW: could I get my name change at least?

@ Crezth - I should have five Infantry in Irkzan. Four moved from Chaiyarsk (the fourth was missing from the map last update) and one built there. There shouldn't be an Infantry in Chaiyarsk.

Map has been updated with fixes.

Top Bottom