Can I load two mods at once?

salty mud

Deity
Greetings

Is it possible to load two separate, non-conflicting mods at the same time? I very much like to play with the BAT mod for the better UI and immersion from unit skins. Is there a way to load other mods (like scenarios or new civilisations downloaded from here) whilst still using the BAT mod?

Unfortunately, it isn't possible to load two mods at once.

That being said, if you are using BAT and want to use extra civs that you download, the good new is that you can do it one of two ways.

1. If the civs are modular, you can just put them into the BAT Mod 4.1\Assets\Modules folder and you should be good to go.

2. If they are not modular, you'll have to do a little modding work to make them modular. It's really not that hard. There are some tutorials in the modding forums, and you can always ask questions there too.

Note that anything that is made for WOC will not work with BAT, and requires extensive work to make it work. It's not worth the effort. Not that there is anything bad about WOC mods, it's just that it's so much work for so little gain...

It actually IS possible so long as none of the mods in question modify the same file. I do this with my games which combine BUG, Civ Gold (which adds a bunch of new civs also I edited a couple of them and removed a bunch of them), the 50 civ mod, better ai, and my own custom mod which changes a lot of stuff (some as minor as resource yields but other making the Phalanx a Spear UU not Axe) and adds a few custom rules mostly involving giving free buildings based on what the leader's traits are.
Also 1 more thing some mods will not work if the mod's file is not named what the mod creator says it should be named. For instance Civ Gold will only work if the file it is in is named civ gold so the mod I use is still called Civ Gold despite it being a combination of several mods and not just Civ Gold.
Basically in summation yes it is possible and it does require a bit of trial and error but some mods yes can be combined into 1 so as to effectively run at the same time. However not all mods are able to be combined. It is up to you to find what does and does not work.

#The7Sins:

You're talking about merging mods, not loading mods separately from each other, thus loading two or more. That's what I believe the OP was talking about. Loading more than one mod, not merging them together to load them all at once.

#The7Sins:

You're talking about merging mods, not loading mods separately from each other, thus loading two or more. That's what I believe the OP was talking about. Loading more than one mod, not merging them together to load them all at once.

Sorry I misunderstood the question. :blush:

@ lemon
Isnt it possible to install bat in CustomAssets or is it only bug?
And some of the civilizations in the download database is actually modular, so if put in Modules folder in the Assets of bat, wouldnt they load just fine or did bat turn off modular loading?
Still technically a merge, but a very easy one :D

I think the issue with BAT is the DDL. I'm sure it could be done somehow manually, but I could not get it to work myself some years ago. Would be nice though, but not really a big deal

BUG has a custom asset option on install. BULL is manual copied into custom assets, but you do have to switch the DDL manually each time. (However, I use .bat executables to switch it in a click)

@ lemon
Isnt it possible to install bat in CustomAssets or is it only bug?
And some of the civilizations in the download database is actually modular, so if put in Modules folder in the Assets of bat, wouldnt they load just fine or did bat turn off modular loading?
Still technically a merge, but a very easy one :D

BAT installs in Mods\...\Assets. I think you're thinking of BUG, which can install in Custom Assets. IIRC, as long as no files are the same as BUG's, you can load another mod on top of it. That's if I remember my theory from BUG class. :p

You're right about the modular civs. You can just add them without issue, as I mentioned in post #2, but if they aren't modular, you have to fiddle around with them a little to make them modular.

And the reason that BAT won't load with anything else is the custom DLL. BAT is also set to ignore Custom Assets so it doesn't interfere with a standard BUG/BULL installation. Modular loading is turned on, IIRC, though I'm not home to check right now.

Top Bottom