Modding Difficulty handicaps

Lucius_

King
I'm trying to modify happiness on Immortal difficulty, to make settling 6-8 cities more realistic without relying on numerous unique luxuries. I thought about either modding Immortal difficulty handicaps specifically, which is what I've been trying to do.

I made a simple mod that changes base happiness from 9 to 12. Just something very simple so I can see if it is working immediately when I start a new game, but it is not working. Can someone tell me what I've done wrong?

I can't seem to upload an XML file?

Anyways this is the contents:

<GameData>
<HandicapInfos>
<update>
<Set Happinessdefault="12"/>
<where Type="Handicap_Immortal"/>
</update>
</HandicapInfos>

</GameData>

Enable logging (see first link in my sig) and check the logs.

If you don't have any errors, check the second link in my sig (as you'll be missing an OnModActivated->UpdateDatabase entry for the file the above XML is in)

You'll be getting an error along the lines of "Row or Delete expected, got update"

XML is case sensitive, it should be <Update>...</Update> (note the upper-case U) ... (aside: it would also help if Firaxis changed the error message, as you can other tags than <Row> and <Delete> there!)

There's another error, but the logs will also point you at that one.

If you're still having issues, attach the full mod (third link in my sig) as code snippets are really not that useful to us.

HTH

W

Thanks for the help, I got the mod working. I didn't realize it was case sensitive.

Top Bottom