AI abusing and fair rules.

Shadovv01f

Chieftain
Why couldn't I find an existing thread? This sounds pretty bad but here's the deal. I am trying to make a fair and fun game for my friends and I. I'm on the quest to find rules that will balance the game and I successfully found the no quitters community which helped quite a bit. unfortunately, my friends have made it clear they don't like the rules. They're fairly noobish and don't understand the game as well as I do. I know a few tricks on how to break the game so they will want the rules to be fixed.

So here's what im asking... anybody know any house rules list or banning rules I can loook into. And is there a forums or any cheap things that should be banned in a multiplayer game. I know most of the obvious ones like getting a heap of gold before declaring war on an AI.

Thanks in advance for any help. (sorry for typos and weird wording. I'm typing this up on a phone and it's a little tricky)

Edit: I meant to post this in civ 5 General. sorry about that one

Moderator Action: Welcome to CivFanatics. Moved to Civ5 Multi-player.

Are you interested in rules that will balance the game?
Do you have fairly noobish friends who are likely to turtle with 3 cities and make your game boring?
Are you looking for cheap things that should be banned in a multiplayer game?

I have exactly what you need my friend:
Spoiler :
Ban Tradition and Rationalism.

Moderator Action: Please note that this is a BE discussion, not a Civ V discussion.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

The less you deal with the AI diplomatically the less exploitation there's going to be. That is the biggest source of AI exploits is through their woefully incompetant diplomacy.

I like it when there are two AIs getting ready to attack you, that is building up troops on your border, and you bribe them to attack each other.

I haven't noticed any such thing as banning tradition in multi player. Most players use tradition often and that's how it is. Other players don't get to ban tradition that often and I have come to a similar conclusion that tradition should be banned by hosts in multiplayer sometimes since it is always over used and over abused by many players. However, it is possible that hosts won't be able to ban tradition even if they tried particularly if a player inside gets caught using tradition late from the lack of early exploration and hidden civilizations that have secretly started out with tradition in a far away land. What can the host do in banning tradition and enforcing a tradition ban? Boot, only, as soon as the host finds out that a player used tradition in the politics screen.

Top Bottom