Which is best balanced map in this game?

Small continent plus with low sea (scrambled continent DLC)
Fractal.
Terra.

Oval is surprisingly good

Small Continents/Small Continents Plus are probably my favorite map scripts in the game, and both usually seem to result in relatively balanced distribution of Civs and CSs. The 'generic' Continents/Continents Plus scripts are pretty "meh", actually, plus for some odd reason they usually seem to get too crowded even if you drop down the number of CSs/Civs.

Tectonics or PerfectWorld

I like the small continents with low sea, random age, random temperature and random rainfall. It makes for an interesting map where sea dominance is important but you can access nearby civs purely on land as well. It is kind of like continents but without the separation by deep water, and kind of like pangea but everyone can get or start on the coast. Occasionally someone can end up alone on their own island separated by deep water. This makes for an interesting game.

The problem I had with continents plus and pangea plus was that the city states all end up on islands. Access to them was limited to the civs on the coast and was unbalancing.

I generally play on a true continents maps like Europe, Asia, Africa etc. (although I also play on specific country or regions like the United Kingdom; god I love it ^.^) I think I left the fictional maps a long time ago.
I haven't seen Asian & African civilizations for A LONNG TIME. I don't know; maybe I have lust for Europe:crazyeye:

Continents, pangea or fractal are maps that I sometimes play. Other maps I play are random or terra.

I have been enjoying small continents plus and scrambled earth. I particularly like the luxury resource placement of small continents plus.

Two small continent attempts, first on large, second on huge.

attempt #1 - one civ gets room for 10 peaceful cities, another for 8, all other for 4.
attempt #2 - one civ gets room for 20 peaceful cities, a few civs for ~10, all others for 4.
Not counting far off islands.

Is it always like that?

Archipelago, continents, hemispheres, terra, and this one kind of Pangea that adds lots of bays and inland seas.

Continents Plus, Scrambled continents Earth, Thawed Antarctica and sometimes just Shuffle to mix things up.

Top Bottom