Civ 5 on top ten most played on Steam, GJ, wow!

xxblackdog

Chieftain
I just took a look at the stats on Steams online users. Civilization 5 was on the top ten for most users playing. Nice!

Surprisingly, the ORIGINAL Counter Strike is still in the top 100.

Edit: These stats are for TODAY, and there are currently 43,000 people playing it!

Uh, hasn't Civ 5 pretty much always been in top 10 most played games on Steam? It's nothing unusual, it's always been like that.

Uh, hasn't Civ 5 pretty much always been in top 10 most played games on Steam? It's nothing unusual, it's always been like that.

Been like that since release really. It ranks up even harder on days of Civsales.

Pretty nice knowing how hard the game was (negatively)blasted until BNW came out.

But, hey, most rants come from the civ4 lovers(and unable to have a 1up concept in their head) so...pretty biaised.

part of the reason could be players like me running the game 24/7 but in reality only physically playing a few hours a day

Is this based on amount of people playing it or amount of time played? If it's amount of people playing it, it's probably very close to #1 on amount of time played. It's so easy to get addicted to this game!

I personally feel Civ 5 deserves the attention. I'm happy to be a participant, as I was with Civ I.

part of the reason could be players like me running the game 24/7 but in reality only physically playing a few hours a day

Can I ask why? Doesn't seem to be very productive way of.. playing Civ 5.

I also think that Civ 5 is the sort of game you play for VERY long hours.. I mean, I have like over 1k of hours accumulated for it so far.

I've got 2516 hours played as of now. I normally play a slow research mod so one game takes me weeks to complete. When I'm playing I don't exit the game when I need to wander away for short breaks (as much as 20min) because it takes 3-5 minutes to relaunch and reload my save; however I do shut it down when I quit for the day (except for the rare occasions I fall asleep on the couch while mulling over a strategy - and I usually have to relaunch when I wake since the game being idle for so long sometimes crashes).

I frequently play a game and leave it on throughout the day. I play for a bit and then get up and do stuff and come back every so often and play some more. There are days where the game probably sits more then it is played. That has run my game time up a lot.

Can I ask why? Doesn't seem to be very productive way of.. playing Civ 5.

I also think that Civ 5 is the sort of game you play for VERY long hours.. I mean, I have like over 1k of hours accumulated for it so far.

I have a full life, 40+ hour /week job, solo dad, youngest is 14, and he lives with me 24/7, I enjoy going to.night clubs, live gigs and movies with my group of friends.
I love civ and there is hardly a day a turn or two doesn't get played but even if I am home all day there is other stuff to get done, so tge game runs and I play and get up cook breakfast, play , put the washing on, play, call my oldest son or my mum, play, cook lunch, play ....

To counter the 24/7 posts (and for 'bragging rights') ... :)
I've currently got over 4670 hours and am actively on the game except for maybe 1-2 hours of it per day.

But I'm not the twitchy-fingers type -- I'm contemplative instead, micromanage, use InfoAddict to keep track of the global situation, etc.
And retired, without family or 'night-life'.

OTOH, I also read books a few hours most days.

I frequently play a game and leave it on throughout the day. I play for a bit and then get up and do stuff and come back every so often and play some more. There are days where the game probably sits more then it is played. That has run my game time up a lot.

I play on my laptop. Pretty sure it would melt through my desk if I did this.

Nah, I run mine all the time. Laptops are apparently only harmful to laps.

My point is that the game runs pretty hot compared to most of the things I do with my laptop.

I'm sure this isn't the same for everyone but the reason Civ 5 is my top steam game played is because of their achievements. Most of the other games I play don't have them and the ones that do have a paltry amount. Civ 5 has a lot of them and and helps with replay value.

Top Bottom