[WIP][BNW]Into the Renaissance Deluxe

There will be protestants, but they wont have they own Institute.

Ahh, well technically speaking if you're going to keep the same rules for HRE as in before then there's no way that any of the other nations are ever going to be able to become Emperor. Because religion lines will just prevent people from getting it that aren't in the majority religion (i.e, Catholics).

Also, is there an ETA on this mod, I'm itching to play it.

Ahh, well technically speaking if you're going to keep the same rules for HRE as in before then there's no way that any of the other nations are ever going to be able to become Emperor. Because religion lines will just prevent people from getting it that aren't in the majority religion (i.e, Catholics).

Well that's the point, isn't it. In any case, there's 13 Catholic factions at the beginning of the game. Plenty of competition for the imperial throne.

Also, is there an ETA on this mod, I'm itching to play it.

Nope, there isn't.

Question: CS don't give extra delegates, or do they? And if a catholic civ allies with a Muslim CS, will it give them delegates in the HRE vote?

Few questions & thoughts here. :)

-So the Holy Roman Empire (outside of the election thing) is more-or-less Austria for this scenario with their CS annexing mechanism?

-Couple observations about some gaps on the map.
Anatolia or Turkey should mostly be under the control of the Turks at the start of this scenario due to the battle at Manzikert.
I'm also thinking that I think we need some Slavs on the West coast of the Black Sea ideally as another Civ is that at all possible or are you aready capped for Civ numbers? Main point being is that the Balkans has always been a pretty heavily contested area and it certainly was in that period so there shouldn't be too much spare land to settle on.
Anything have thoughts on these things?

I had a couple of thoughts for units though. For a scenario of this size we should probably have 2 gunpowder melee units; an arquebusier and a musketman.

The Arquebusier would have a strength of about 19-20 but cost 2/3 the hammers of the Longswordsman.
Both units would upgrade to a Musketman. The Arquebusier would be a very early gunpowder unit and be a bit weaker than a Longsword but cheaper to produce. This sorta follows history - an early firearm took a lot less training to use and material to make than a full-forged suit of armor and the years of training to become a proficient swordsman.
The Kings of Europe hated funding large permanent standing armies and guns were the perfect solution as a whole army could be raised much more quickly and cheaply and than disbanded afterwards.
That way we'll see a more a gradual transition to gunpower units.

The Musketman could be moved up a tech (metallurgy maybe) and have its strength raised to about 26-28?

We could also have a bombard unit. This would be a siege unit with a range of 3 that does more damage than a cannon but takes 50 damage every time it fires (is that possible?). Purely a situational unit that can wreck havoc on city walls outside the range of defenders but very risky to operate and as the old cannons did - could only be fired sporadically due to the immense heat generated from the blast.

1. No. It shouldnt be, because it was ruled by many different "turks". That would require many new civs\ city states. Besides, settlers aren't turned off, so it would be inaccurate for one civilization to rule so much land, considering the fact that in reality, it wasn't controlled by the said civ for the entire period of time that the scenario supposed to represent.
2. He is capped by civ numbers.

Question: CS don't give extra delegates, or do they? And if a catholic civ allies with a Muslim CS, will it give them delegates in the HRE vote?

No, they don't. Catholic+Protestant CSs+Civs give votes; weighted in favour of a civ that shares their religion. No Delegates. I have to build this mechanic from the ground up.

Few questions & thoughts here. :)

-So the Holy Roman Empire (outside of the election thing) is more-or-less Austria for this scenario with their CS annexing mechanism?

Not sure where you get that idea; HRE won't change other than in being restricted to Catholics+Protestants. It may give some kind of passive bonus - like the Hanse's bonus production with City-State Trade Routes or something so that it's a little more worthwhile - but otherwise it's just a source of VP.

Not sure where you get that idea; HRE won't change other than in being restricted to Catholics+Protestants. It may give some kind of passive bonus - like the Hanse's bonus production with City-State Trade Routes or something so that it's a little more worthwhile - but otherwise it's just a source of VP.

Sorry what I meant to ask was if there was a Civ that functioned like the Holy Roman Empire like there was in Civ4 it would probably be closest to Austria/Habsburgs? There diplomatic marriage thing gives them a passive means of expansion like the real German Holy Roman Empire around Maxemilian in Germany. Just confirming?

But good idea on a Hanse bonus for winning the HRE vote - I think that's a brilliant idea.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. I sorta wonder how civs like Portugal and especially England and Scotland will get on. Their sorta far away from a lot of the action so victory points might be a little tricky for them but I guess that's part of the fun.

Sorry what I meant to ask was if there was a Civ that functioned like the Holy Roman Empire like there was in Civ4 it would probably be closest to Austria/Habsburgs? There diplomatic marriage thing gives them a passive means of expansion like the real German Holy Roman Empire around Maxemilian in Germany. Just confirming?

But good idea on a Hanse bonus for winning the HRE vote - I think that's a brilliant idea.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. I sorta wonder how civs like Portugal and especially England and Scotland will get on. Their sorta far away from a lot of the action so victory points might be a little tricky for them but I guess that's part of the fun.

I dunno yet - I haven't fully ironed out Habsburgs UA, but I suppose the ability to passively annex City-States would be somewhere in there. Which is lame because Charles was anything but passive... guess he can always march on Rome :p

Because people have probably overhyped themselves for the idea of formable countries, let me explain how it'll work:

each Civilization will have access to a "Establish X" decision that rewards VP (and some other fitting bonus specific to the decision) for completing its objectives - usually ensuring that you own or are allied with a set arrangement of capitals/city-states. Whilst this will change your name to the established polity, this won't change anything else - no colour, no civ icon, etc. I'd love to do that, but it's not possibly with the position I'm in (i.e. would only be possible if I reworked most of the UI, which is impossible if I also want to be accomodating to both EUI and non-EUI users). It's also most likely only going to be accessible to the human (I won't hardcod any restrictions, but the AI will be hard pressed to fulfil the conditions).

The possible countries are pretty much ripped from CK II: Britannia, Carpathia, Rome, Greater Armenia, Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, Kalmar Union, Francia, Hispania, Arabia, Russia, Italy, and the Holy Roman Empire (specifically, consolidate it into an actual empire).

Hm, those Mongols:

Spoiler :

Those Mongols. Faster than expected...
Spoiler :
:p Seriously, looks awesome! :goodjob:

I see Vilnius as capital, so that means that Lithunia joins the scenario as civ :D

Hmmm... How can Poland and Lithuania into one state, then? Also, do city states have bonuses different then those in the vanilla game?

*teases screenshot about the Trade Links with the Jin being broken by the Mongols
*points to notification showing the 'Trade Route Broken' icon

No, Natan, they don't have different bonuses - they don't need to and the extent to which I wanted to change them I couldn't.

Poland and Lithuania form into P-L C via decision, so long as they control Gdansk, Vilnius, and Krakow. It is the smallest requirement of the form-able decisions, and so Lithuania's inclusion is important. That, and Lithuania should be a fun challenge. However, because of the civ limit, Lithuania is only enabled via user setting, which must sacrifice the Mongols in the process (relegating them to the role of a massive horde of barbarian units).

*teases screenshot about the Trade Links with the Jin being broken by the Mongols

No, Natan, they don't have different bonuses - they don't need to and the extent to which I wanted to change them I couldn't.

Poland and Lithuania form into P-L C via decision, so long as they control Gdansk, Vilnius, and Krakow. It is the smallest requirement of the form-able decisions, and so Lithuania's inclusion is important. That, and Lithuania should be a fun challenge. However, because of the civ limit, Lithuania is only enabled via user setting, which must sacrifice the Mongols in the process (relegating them to the role of a massive horde of barbarian units).
Will the barbarian units be able to capture cities?

Wait.... Will the Mongols retain their (unique)units, should Lithuania be activated?
@Sulomon: they already can conquer cities.

Top Bottom