Official Civ4 S&T Off-Topic Thread

Civ 4 Complete is on a 75% sale on Steam and is $7.49

I bought Vanilla Civ IV in 2005 if I'm not mistaken. Since then, I never bought anything related to civ, and that's part of my philosophy: I'll only buy a game if it's worth it and I have already played it. Also, I won't buy expansions because this market strategy is ridiculous.

And I never had problems with mods. Everything in computers has a way of fixing.

So tell us Noob, where is your CIV installed? Did you install each one or the gold edition?

The normal way of making a mod playable is:

- Download it fully (be sure no corrupted zip files are present);
- Place it under ...\Beyond the Sword\Mods folder;
- Be sure the folder you're placing is with its correct name;

To fix the first one, simply check the zip file when it's downloaded. Normally just opening it will tell you if it's corrupted or not.

The second one is the tricky one. Normally you have 2 Beyond the Sword folders in your pc, one inside your installation address, and the other under Documents (or My Documents). The right one is the one on your installation adress. The one under My Documents is where your saves and screenshots are saved. There is also a hidden folder of Beyond the Sword in AppData (also a hidden folder), but that should be ignored. If you installed the Gold Edition it's fine, if not you may have messed the locations on the installation process. It's recommended that your installation adress be inside of Program Files, if it's the only Program Files folder you have, or Program Files x86 if you have both Program Files folders. Normally is the default installation adress when you attempt to install the game.

The third one is rare but may occur. If you put a folder on Mods called "DoC" it won't work. The DoC folder must be called "RFC Dawn of Civilization". Also you can't make a DoC folder under Beyond the Sword\Mods that has RFC Dawn of Civilization inside of it like Beyond the Sword\Mods\DoC\RFC Dawn of Civilization.

So for example, if I want to reach the Assets folder of my DoC, I have to come to this exact adress:

C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\RFC Dawn of Civilization\Assets

If there is anything different of the bolded part on your computer, then it's wrong.

So if you can bring some info here we may help you to install mods on your civ again.

Okay Noob did you find the file I was talking about? Also remember the link I sent you with 2K.

Shots shots shots shots... Stuck in my head, good song. And ah yes, caroling, would totally do it if that was a thing we did.

I'v got a question: which country except america celebrates Thanksgiving? Till i know, there non

Some countries celebrate their own Thanksgivings on different days. Today is the American Thanksgiving. Canadian Thanksgiving is on another day, and other countries like Germany just have a harvest celebration day

Each country has a different reason for their Thanksgiving. America's is the day the pilgrims and Indians weren't killing each other and decided to instead kill turkeys together and eat it. And after that the pilgrims went back to killing the Indians with disease and guns. :goodjob:

Each country has a different reason for their Thanksgiving. America's is the day the pilgrims and Indians weren't killing each other and decided to instead kill turkeys together and eat it. And after that the pilgrims went back to killing the Indians with disease and guns. :goodjob:

Venison, not turkey.

And, let us not forget, the Indians also killed the Pilgrims plenty too. I'm not at all trying to mitigate the near-genocide of Native Americans, but the Native Americans definitely fought back.

Albeit not very successfully, but they did :p

Also, here you guys are.

Link to video.

Here in Brazil there is nothing related to thanksgiving at all. The most recent import from American Culture is Black Friday, that I only discovered what it is this year because it's stamped all around town.

You guys have Black Friday down there?? I am so sorry.

Top Bottom