Personality AI leader

Dutchciv2005

Chieftain
"Each AI leader has a distinct personality, this is a major area of focus for development for Firaxis. This personality has a major impact on how they behave in diplomacy: Gandhi will be receptive to peaceful players and generous to relatively weak ones, but he will get angry at aggressive players. Genghis Khan on the other hand will shy away from diplomacy altogether, but when he does engage in it he'll be most receptive to warmongers. (this is taken from the apolyton site) http://civilization4.net/3/114/145/
So has anybody noticed this??? Who can help me with some more info on this? For instance what are the distinct personalities of Napoleon etc. Thx

My last experience with Gandhi: I had a custom game with perminate alliances and Gandhi was my ally, I wanted a peaceful game and though Gandi wouldn't get me in a war. While he never declared war by 0AD he had had all 6 other civilizations on the continent declare war on him. We were all of the same religion as I had gotten Buddism and conveted them to it.

To date the best evidence of personality I have seen is Tokugawa's general refusal to trade anything. I've also had K. Khan declare war on me because I was picking on a weaker nation.

I havn't found the code that determines their peronalities yet. I'd be interested in looking at that.

I think they had aggression values... some were more aggressive than others, e.g. the Zulus.

Top Bottom