Interesting Screenshots

I've no idea if you're just angling for the 4000BC save :satan::lol: But I'll take your word for it and send them in tomorrow. By final save, is that the one before the last turn of the one after the last turn?

Well, done that. I sent in the 1230AD save as a bonus.

It seems I'd forgotten another submission I'd made, I've had two refused in the past.

The first, the Netherlands Huge Space Race 1898AD (position 5th) from 24/06/2012, looking at the upload details it didn't have a 4000BC save, the earliest save was about 270BC or something.

The second though, was a Greece 1440AD game from 02/03/2013 I'd completely forgotten about. It has the 4000BC save so I've no idea what's going on there. I've re-downloaded the 1440 file to see what it was, lol.

I no longer have the saves for the latter, but they're on the system, maybe someone can take a re-peak at it/them?

either it is Interesting Screenshots or it does not belong here... so please print the page to show how you resubmitted the saves or something to make it valid for this thread :D
t_x

To be entirely fair, I just posted some screenies, it's you who first initiated non-picture conversation... :goodjob:

Just got this message:

"Hello,

Thank you for your recent submission to HOF III. Unfortunately it did not have the 4000bc start file attached which is required, so the submission is excluded. If you still have the initial file, feel free to resubmit the game.

-superslug"

I got no messages that it failed to upload, but when I tried to upload it to this post I got this message:

"Theodora of the Byzantines, 4000 BC.SAV:
Your file of 2.89 MB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 2.00 MB for this filetype."

To which, if the average file size for a Huge map is 3mb, why don't you raise the limit to 3mb? What's the problem here and why the additional hoops?

You could resave the initial save, that should utilize the compression algorith integrated into Civ3 and make the file size fall well below 1 MB. Or you could put both savegames into into one *.zip or similar.

Ah yeah, I remember that palaver now, the autosaves have mb memory but the in-game human saves are KB memory, so you have to load the autosave and save it as a human save. Sooo, done that and re-submitted.

It turns out that old Greek game was a Standard Warlord Space Race 1445AD result (7th position), but I submitted the turn before the victory instead of the turn after, submitting the 1440AD, so I guess that was why that one was rejected. Anyway, I clicked end-turn, saved and re-submitted that one.

:rolleyes: :lol:

Comrade Wang Kon started the third (or forth?) Korean-Viking-War after I refused to give in to his blackmail. He wanted oil for free from me.

And while fending of my counter invasion, he opened a second front by invading the Aztecs, to get their oil. It did not work too well, since I helped Montezuma both with airstrikes and techs to dumping prices. ;)

Only after defeating most of the korean army and navy, I realised, that the Koreans had oil at the doorstep of Taejun.

Every human player would simply build a city with harbor on that little island and then churn out tanks, bomber and fighters. But the KI would never dream to build a city within the outer radius of another city. :rolleyes:

To add a little more disgrace: Korea lost most of their island cities in the previous wars. And those cities were all next to rubber and oil (by the way the only rubber for both of us, so no Infantry and Late Cavalry for Wang Kon).

And no, I did not start a single war! :D

I have found that the Koreans can tend to terminal stupidity; even more so than most others.

That's a game I would have enjoyed. (The Koreans really, really annoy me :ar15: )

I can't screenshots because the button of Prt Sc is damaged and can't be pressed.
That's why I can't post screenshots.
Which version of Windows (if any) are you using? I ask because in the Win8.1 installation on my machine, I found a built-in 'Snipping Tool' in the 'Apps' section of the Start-screen ( :vomit: ), under 'Windows Accessories'.

I'm not sure which other Win-versions also include this tool -- it wasn't in WinXP AFAIK, but I've never used Vista or Win7 (and I don't fancy upgrading to 10, and handing control of my machine over to M$ :nono: ). But if you also have it on your machine, maybe it would work instead...?

Seriously?

My main Battlefleet is parked south of Rotterdam for several rounds (at the closest point between my strongest rivals). But the Pirate Frigate simply sailed close by and ended its round directly under the guns of my Battleships.

The KI seems not to care at what is standing next to their units at the end of their round or what happens to it the very next round. :eek:

The KI seems not to care at what is standing next to their units at the end of their round or what happens to it the very next round. :eek:

No, these pirates are really tough sailors (and may be a little bit drunken). :D

Crow's Nest: "All clear... all clear... all clear... I see something... It's a ship!"

Cap'n: "At last! Me shivers are completely timbered, at last we may get a chance to eat after nary a morsel in 80 moons! Man the riggin' an' steady as she goes!"

Crow's Nest: "Errrr, cap'n..."

Cap'n: "Aghhh, what strange beasts are these? we're done for as sure as polly squawks! Hard aport and quick about it!"

First mate: "I'm afraid we canny do tha' cap'n..."

Cap'n: "Why not, man, speak up!"

First mate: "We're out of moves this turn"

Cap'n: "Aghhh, to heck with it then, load the cannons! Davy Jones might have us, but I'll be blowed if I'm goin' without dentin' their hull!"

*Boom* *boom* *boom*

*Glug, glug, glug*

Crow's Nest: "All clear... all clear... all clear... I see something... It's a ship!"

Cap'n: "At last! Me shivers are completely timbered, at last we may get a chance to eat after nary a morsel in 80 moons! Man the riggin' an' steady as she goes!"

Crow's Nest: "Errrr, cap'n..."

Cap'n: "Aghhh, what strange beasts are these? we're done for as sure as polly squawks! Hard aport and quick about it!"

First mate: "I'm afraid we canny do tha' cap'n..."

Cap'n: "Why not, man, speak up!"

First mate: "We're out of moves this turn"

Cap'n: "Aghhh, to heck with it then, load the cannons! Davy Jones might have us, but I'll be blowed if I'm goin' without dentin' their hull!"

*Boom* *boom* *boom*

*Glug, glug, glug*

:lol: Very nice!

Update on my crappy Vikings start: I managed to join a war against Korea, captured a city with Iron, and somehow got the city with The Great Library in it as part of the peace deal (in all fairness, it was like size 3 and Korea was in the Industrial Age by this point, not like it could have helped them), catapulting me into parity with the tech leaders, France and Korea- I'm now at the early IA. I'm still tiny and poor, have no real research or productive capability to speak of, and it turns out I don't have Saltpeter either, but the last problem is solvable- the 2-city Persians have Saltpeter in one of their remaining cities, and I intend to liberate it as soon as I can get some Berzerks up there to pay a friendly visit. :mischief:

Still not looking good for me, but looks better for me than it looked before.

After abandoning this game for almost a year, I decided to take a crack at it again.

It was going pretty well until my neighbors, the French, finally decided they were bored of my existence and declared war on me. Luckily, I'd been buying some Horses and Saltpeter from some of the other Civs and had some Cavalry, Berzerks, and Muskets to defend with and I managed to get a Cavalry army early on in the war, which kind of made up for losing an earlier army I'd gotten from fighting the Koreans when one of Korea's cities flipped and killed it.

With some help from Korea and Portugal, who I MA'ed against France, I against all odds managed to hold off France for quite a while, but lost most of my military in the process, and then finally, just as my alliances were expiring, the Cavalry Army died and the rest of my frontline went with it. I decided to give up on the game- even if I left the war right then and there, it would for sure cost me quite a bit and probably do little but buy some time.

Still, I got a really horrible start and was way behind the AI the entire game, so I'm happy I at least somehow managed to last as long as I did. It could have gone way worse, for sure.

After abandoning this game for almost a year, I decided to take a crack at it again.

Still, I got a really horrible start and was way behind the AI the entire game, so I'm happy I at least somehow managed to last as long as I did. It could have gone way worse, for sure.

I know that sort of game. it is almost worse when you make a slight gain as it builds hope and then :trouble:

I was veeeryyy lucky with my pirate menace.

A french Gloire Armored Cruiser (10/8/11, +2HP) attacked the Pirate Frigate and barely managed to take it down in a three days long battle. The Armored Cruiser "Bonhomme Richard" even loses one hitpoint! :eek:

My seamen overheard this exchange on the second day of the battle:
Pirate Cap´n: "Arrh, will you surrender? Arrh!"
French Capitan Jean Poul Jeanes: "Why, I have not started to fight yet!"

This was a very close call for my fleet. :D

Top Bottom