Leader Selection Menu Missing Scroll Bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarkinor

Chieftain
So, everything else in the game works fine, but I recently discovered that when I try to choose my leader on the game start menu, there is no scroll bar to move downward.

I do not know if this is because of the DLC or what, but I cannot get to my favorite option, the Vikings, because I can't scroll down. Can anyone help?

(I apologize if this isn't in the right section, I just joined to try and get this fixed, its maddening.)

Same problem, especially annoying when playing mods because I can't go into Advanced Setup to choose my civ.

Is it really just a low resolution problem? Playing on a 1280x800 laptop, but I've seen the scroll bar before, it just recently disappeared...

Picture below. Not much to see though. The scroll bar isn't "invisible," just not there, since clicking/dragging in that area does nothing.

You can use the scroll wheel of your mouse to scroll down/up anyway.
How to fix it - my guesses: You don't have the newest patch installed (should happen automatically if you got a legit copy and installed the game via steam). If you do have the newest patch installed (V1.0.1.511) you should try to verify the game files for CiV in the steam application (you'll find where if you invest a few seconds to look for it). And if that doesn't fix it either I guess you can only try to deinstall it completely and try a clean installation.

You can use the scroll wheel of your mouse to scroll down/up anyway.
How to fix it - my guesses: You don't have the newest patch installed (should happen automatically if you got a legit copy and installed the game via steam). If you do have the newest patch installed (V1.0.1.511) you should try to verify the game files for CiV in the steam application (you'll find where if you invest a few seconds to look for it). And if that doesn't fix it either I guess you can only try to deinstall it completely and try a clean installation.

Thanks friend. I've fixed my problem by installing that patch you mentioned.
Cheers

Hate to bump a dead thread, but I'm having the exact same problem.

Playing with all DLC, have tried deleting and reinstalling the entire game. Happens with mods or without.

Yep, same here. Also, with the "game of the year edition" + G&K installed and enabled, I do not have access to Inca while G&K is enabled, but I do have access to Inca when I disable the G&K DLC. This is the Steam version, of course and I did also completely delete and full reinstall via Steam. No luck. To fix this, you have to disable any of the DLC's you have, and then re-enable it, and voila, you get the scrollbar back.

Buggy, buggy, buggy game. Shame on you for releasing it with such a basic and game breaking bug like this. The culprit is most likely a poorly coded ini or config file that should have been checked/fixed prior to release, and most certainly should have been caught with proper beta testing.

Also dislike dragging up an old thread, but I also have this problem in v1.0.3.144 of the game after installing Brave New World DLC.

See attached screenshot.

Attachments

• civ_5_leader_menu_noscroll.jpg
    civ_5_leader_menu_noscroll.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 488
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom