Challenge-XIV-07

Great win Qactus on these settings! The first deity win is usually very hard to get. I'm glad you persevered and pulled it off rather than give up.

孫子武

Thanks, both of you! Maybe after some time I'll get back to this game and give it another try, but for now I'm just glad to have gotten it over with.
After all that diplomacy struggle I feel my inner warmonger needs to get out! So I think either the Fractal Sitting Bull or the Big&Small Hannibal map is up next!

Uh Oh! Qactus is getting dangerous! :D

What about Hatty?

1) 2 early priest slots --> easy Theology bulb
2) No barb concerns --> AH and great plains has quite a lot of horses and AH first is a must in most starts here.

Ok my first Deity win :D:D Late, it took me 800 years to get enough votes (AP built around 500 AD or so).

Hatty
- great starting techs
- 1 tech to Animal Husbandry (plenty of cows + possible horses)
- 2 prophet slots very early to bulb Theo
- with Stone possible INd traits means less
- next techs to bulb with prophet are nice too (monarchy, CS etc.)

Cons: no Hatty as a rival :(

Congrats, enKage!!! :goodjob:

I did this with Louis, very nice traits for this. Industrious is a given but Creative is handy as well.

After my Mapfinder tried really hard to find me the perfect spot, Great Plains is super-sucky for RLDV. I settled on a Corn & 2 Silver spot, Silver! normally I want 1-2 Gold/Gems.
Lucky for me I got a bonus flood plains corn... only possible on Great Plains so I take it all back.

I actually had Toku vote for me, which is a bit bizarre. Most of the world was Jewish so it was a big love-in.

Last spread was to Asoka, who was actually closest, next turn vote then victory!

I'm getting royally screwed by RNG in my attempts. Two games I have pretty much everything about set for a BC win close to what Neil achieved. In one game 2 mishes failed in India - the farthest civ away. I had a great situation with Qin, Toku and me in a war with Wang (who everyone hates), so both of them plus Ram would vote for me. However, the 2 mish failures mean not only a circa 500BC win but by the time more mishes arrived (now past 1AD), Toku suddenly switches to AP religion and peace vassals to Qin - face palm. In the other, unfortunately Ram was very close to me and got the AP religion first...just could not get quite enough votes without him and with him skewing the votes.

Great Plains is a great map but probably the quirkiest of the bunch.

Hey fellow-gamers, I need some help on this one! I have never played for AP victory, can You please explain, how AP is achieved? What conditions need to be met? How are votes calculated?

In its most basic form, to win you need to build the Apolistic Palace, which requires knowledge of theolgy (best obtained with Oracle)

To build AP you must be in a state religion, and the city you want to build it in must have that reliogion.

Once AP is finished, then the religion you were in on the turn ofcompletion is now the AP religion. The AP religion cannot change.

Every civ that has the AP religion gets to vote, if they have the AP religion as their state religion the votes are doubled, and they are now eligible for AP leadership & victory. Each city that has the AP religion has its population added to the total votes.

Once all civs have at least one city with the AP religion, this makes the victory vote possible. The AP leader gets to select what is voted on.

Most leaders need to be at +8 relations with you to vote your victory.

Thanks Neil, for very good and concrete answer, that helps a lot, I hope I can still post before deadline.

Neil, but still... when looking closely to Your best game - how did You get the victory voting, if You have not spread religion to Egypt?

I didn't see this post earlier. I'd like to give a big congrats to first-time Deity game winners enKage and Qactus.

Top Bottom