I haven't been paying attention for a long time; what is up with Civ 5 these days?

Donut9

Chieftain
After it first came out, I decided it wasn't for me - yes, without playing it. I am not flaming, or saying it is a bad game, I just didn't think the particular direction they took was for me, personally.

Anyway, I am curious about it now. There must have been expansions, yes? Was more depth added to the game? What do you guys think of it? I need a new time killer.

Yep - Gods and Kings came out. Many patches have came out. Nowadays its a much different scene than when Civ 5 first came out. There are now a significant amount of people who actually thoroughly enjoy Civ 5 more than Civ 4. In the multiplayer community at least - CivPlayers has been drastically reduced and the Civ 4 multi community has mostly dried up. Compare that to bustling [but still buggy] Civ multiplayer even despite players being split into regional lobbies - things are much different

Yep - Gods and Kings came out. Many patches have came out. Nowadays its a much different scene than when Civ 5 first came out. There are now a significant amount of people who actually thoroughly enjoy Civ 5 more than Civ 4. In the multiplayer community at least - CivPlayers has been drastically reduced and the Civ 4 multi community has mostly dried up. Compare that to bustling [but still buggy] Civ multiplayer even despite players being split into regional lobbies - things are much different

Sounds promising. Do we know if there are plans for more expansion?

Doubtful.

As for the expansion, G&K did a lot of changes to the vanilla game. It almost feels like an entirely different beast of a game. Revised battle mechanics, improved AI/diplomacy, stronger cities, different policies, map varieties, more city state quests, in addition to more civs, wonders, new systems in the form of religion and espionage, and tech order.

Top Bottom