Liberty finisher/Great prophet spawning question

LostKnight

A wandering knight
For most of my games, I go with the Liberty tree, and using the finisher to get a great prophet and enhence my religion.(as I usually have my religion way before that).

Usually, the *free* great person obtained this way count toward how many GP points you need for the next Great Person, but I am wondering if taking the great prophet ignore this.

Since you cannot generate GP points toward a great prophet, does getting the great prophet affect how fast we get the other great persons?

Also, is obtening this free great prophet even useful, or a great scientist/engineer still the way to go? Since you usually only need two great prophet(founding a religion + enhencing) it free all your faith towards more useful things(buildings/units) and is very useful if you go the religious route, but I want to hear if there are better way to get the 2nd prohet.

Comment/flame/cookies welcome!

Actually, if you area really trying to spread your religion you want more than 2: Shrines become amazing when you finish Piety AND Prophets spread your religion so much better, they remove enemy religion as they spread there's so the pressure doesn't undo your hard work.

I always play on Huge maps at Marathon speed; King difficulty. My style of play is to found as many cities as I can. I rely on religion and the Liberty tree to keep my people happy. I usually take the Great Prophet as my reward for finishing Liberty - to enhance my religion, if I haven't already done so. Any additional Great Prophets I get I either use for Holy Sites or to convert City States to complete "we want your religion" quests.

Personaly i take admiral a lot ... (can be other but i would say half the time it is an admiral) so i can get new trading partner by going to the other continent 1st...
i never take GP on the other hand (always deity difficulty) because the problem is the 1st GP (2nd one you swam in feat to get the 1st one so 2nd will be fast anyhow)...
correction i took 1 once a long time ago but it was my 1st GP and so i think it was at lower difficulty.

I'm not sure about Liberty (I haven't use it for a Great Prophet).

What I can tell you is that wen you take a Great Prophet using the Mayan Long Count, not only does it increase the great people points to the next increment (typically +100 at normal speed), it also increases the :c5faith: required for the next Great Prophet so there is a double cost escalation.

I would assume that any "free" Great Prophets probably have similar behavior, but I haven't tested this.

Here are some screenshots showing the escalating cost of great people with the Long Count:

On turn 100, the cost to generate a great person in my city is 400 points.
Spoiler :

After producing a Great Prophet, the cost has gone up to 500 points. The Great Prophet also increased the :c5faith: cost of future Great Prophets.
Spoiler :

300 :c5faith: before the "free" Great Prophet.
Spoiler :

500 :c5faith: after.
Spoiler :

Actually, people are forgeting a big factor in taking Great Prophets using Liberty Finisher - Your Faith count is not depleted, so you actually GAIN more from taking a Prophet via Liberty than you would waiting, as you now only need 380 more faith points (+ % chance), as opposed to 500 more faith points (+ % chance)

I also assumed that taking GP with Libety and Hagia Sophia (V) and Tower of Pisa (GK) doesn't increase cost? Huh, guess i never really cared about those Great People, kinda miss the old % of what you spawn as opposed to just getting what you want)

In my recent game, I don't focus on faith at all, so no pantheon with 0 faith output.

Then when I finish Liberty tree (at that point 4 religion were founded and only one religion left), I was just thinking why not grab prophet here and enhance by another (Hagia Sophia is constructing in Capital).

When 'choose GP window' pops up, there is no choice for Great Prophet. Only other six GP can be chosen. The sad part is last religion is founded shortly before I finish Hagia Sophia :cry:.

Is this what it supposed to be?

In my recent game, I don't focus on faith at all, so no pantheon with 0 faith output.

Then when I finish Liberty tree (at that point 4 religion were founded and only one religion left), I was just thinking why not grab prophet here and enhance by another (Hagia Sophia is constructing in Capital).

When 'choose GP window' pops up, there is no choice for Great Prophet. Only other six GP can be chosen. The sad part is last religion is founded shortly before I finish Hagia Sophia :cry:.

Is this what it supposed to be?

I don't know what the deal is with the free great person from Liberty, but I'm pretty sure you have to have a Pantheon before you can found a Religion. No exploit there. :-/

I don't know what the deal is with the free great person from Liberty, but I'm pretty sure you have to have a Pantheon before you can found a Religion. No exploit there. :-/

In my current game, Theodora founded a religion after not only never having founded a pantheon, but having every city except one newly founded city following my religion, so it isn't required, but not sure exactly how it works when you get a religion straight without a pantheon.

I never did but I heard that you can use Great Prophet from Hagia Sophia to found religion right away without Pantheon.

I never did but I heard that you can use Great Prophet from Hagia Sophia to found religion right away without Pantheon.

Both are true. You can not get a great prophet without a pantheon EXCEPT with HSophia , assuming there is one religion still available . You even get a free pantheon which can be the 7th pantheon np.

In my current game, Theodora founded a religion after not only never having founded a pantheon, but having every city except one newly founded city following my religion, so it isn't required, but not sure exactly how it works when you get a religion straight without a pantheon.

You do need a pantheon to start a religion, well, I guess it's hard to actually determine that, seeing as we have no way of really doing that naturally (World Builder doesn't have pre-determined religions at all, which sucks).

However, how do you know Byzantium never founded Pantheon, for a nation that is pretty religious I find it strange that Byzantium did not found a Pantheon.

Top Bottom