PAX civs

Which PAX civs interest you the most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Mapuche are really nothing similar to the Pueblo. If you wanted a South American civ similar to the Pueblo/Anasazi, look to the Chachapoya [Cliff side Mausoleums, large city confederation, massive trading and tributary confederation that traded goods from Panama, to the Amazons, to possibly Polynesia, and to the rest of South America, one of the most important religious centers of the Pre-Colombian World, helped the Spaniards destroy the Inca, the most massive Pre-Colombian city in all of South America by mass and size, etc.]

The Mapuche are "The Sioux of the South" for a reason and Lautaro wasn't successful in expelling the Spaniards unlike the Pueblo. They are another cavalry civ - And considering the developer's western upbringing, it would make sense for them to look at the many cavalry civs here in N. America prior to the Mapuche. Pueblo and the Mapuche is like comparing apples and... well cantaloupes.

The Mapuche are really nothing similar to the Pueblo. If you wanted a South American civ similar to the Pueblo/Anasazi, look to the Chachapoya [Cliff side Mausoleums, large city confederation, massive trading and tributary confederation that traded goods from Panama, to the Amazons, to possibly Polynesia, and to the rest of South America, one of the most important religious centers of the Pre-Colombian World, helped the Spaniards destroy the Inca, the most massive Pre-Colombian city in all of South America by mass and size, etc.]

The Mapuche are "The Sioux of the South" for a reason and Lautaro wasn't successful in expelling the Spaniards unlike the Pueblo. They are another cavalry civ - And considering the developer's western upbringing, it would make sense for them to look at the many cavalry civs here in N. America prior to the Mapuche. Pueblo and the Mapuche is like comparing apples and... well cantaloupes.

He said similar leader though ;)
Maybe it's just me, but the leader art is somewhat close to Lautaro IMO

I'm looking forward to Pedro. Pedro and Ashurbanipal both look pretty awesome and manly and what not, but Pedro's party pooper attitude and depressing environment goes really well with his party UA.

I like all of the three new civs, but I'm actually more interested in the not revealed civs. BNW still has to reveal that one civ that will peak my interest and it'll be my first civ to play in BNW.:clap:

Can Firaxis rename the Brazilian UA to "Pedro's Party People"

I'm looking forward to Pedro. Pedro and Ashurbanipal both look pretty awesome and manly and what not, but Pedro's party pooper attitude and depressing environment goes really well with his party UA.

Yeah, now that you point it out, that's a really funny juxtaposition that for some reason makes me like Civ's Brazil even more. Looking forward to playing them, especially since the new cultural victory is the game mechanic I'm most interested in.

I loved the reveal of brazil, I expected zulu or something there. Assyria seems like my current first pick to play as first considering their library UB (where do they mention that at pax btw?)
Man though, you guys made me excited before crushing my dreams. Even though I love the heck out the Pueblo (I went to mesa verde often as a kid) I didn't expect them to ever be in civ, and I would've been perfectly content without them, but then I went on here to see the pax announcement and what do I see but a super cool picture of pope and a bunch of people asking if Pueblo were confirmed. I really respect firaxis for their decision, but man that bums me out (and considering their mountain Bias I probably would've played them a ton)

[kanye]Yo Casimir III, you're pretty Great and I'ma let you finish, but Dom Pedro II was the greatest monarch of all time. OF ALL TIME.[/kanye]

But seriously, while I am pretty excited about Poland, I have a huge historical crush on Dom Pedro II and I'm going to want to play as him every time. He was the Great Emancipator! What is a man to do in the face of such magnanimity? Some people would, shall we say "break their usual habits" for Johnny Depp or Leonardo DiCaprio, but for me, it's all about Dom Pedro, baby. He can rule my empire with a firm yet caring hand any day of the week.

EDIT: That said, I love to study the first peoples of the American continents and I'm obsessed with mountains. If the Pueblo got in, I would play them all the time as well.

Assyria.

Thanks to Ed's (or Dennis'?) immortal words "He's working for the aliens!", Assyria will forever be associated to Civers with XCOM and GDRs. I also think it'll become a sort of Steam acheivement.

EDIT: Can anyone tell me what Pedro's UA is?

Thanks to Ed's (or Dennis'?) immortal words "He's working for the aliens!", Assyria will forever be associated to Civers with XCOM and GDRs. I also think it'll become a sort of Steam acheivement.
I think that was Jake Solomon, the XCOM lead dev who was sitting next to Ed.

EDIT: Can anyone tell me what Pedro's UA is?
Tourism is doubled during Golden Ages.

Can I have the details?

It was basically a redux of the demo from the afternoon before. The only details added were a few Great Works noticed, an Archeology Site, and they mentioned the Brazil UA (Carnival - Golden Ages double Tourism) and that Assyria has something to do with Royal Libraries. Either a Unique Ability or Unique uh-Building. It was hard to hear what he said.

They also showed the tourism panel for Poland's cities, which showed the various buildings and national wonders that impact tourism.

Wow, Brazil was a good choice for the devs. I suspect that number is higher due to all the Brazilians on here sharing their excitement (which is a good thing! just pointing out there are not too many native Assyrians around to boost up the numbers :p)

Where are all the Pole fans at? Or is it like me where I am like "Poland?! That was so last week, this week it is all about Brazil!"

Top Bottom