Dealing with runaway civ - sniping capital

BrotherInJah

60% of the time works every time
In my latest game i had to deal with runaway civ.

Russia just devoured all civ on their continent. Whole game i was hoping i'm last civ on their list. Much behind in tech whole game i was waching her growing and growing. in 1700 ~ 1720 Cath had Great War Infantry(!). My play style in this game was awful, i didn't explore early i didn't make beakers on good rate, strugling with happiness and hammers. Only gold pt was so so.

I puched for science abit to get some competitive navy.

Finally i was able to get magic trio: Battleships, Submarines and Destroyers (last one was a pain for me to get, and i had to make them from scratch cause i didn't see a point of making privateers when Russia got Destroyers already).

Must say AI is stupid because they don't make subs. 1-2 punch from submarines for their big navy was devasteting so Moscow had to fall.

Proud of myself after a while i was starting to feeling like this was a cheat. In real world Russia would took over the city, and invade my land in notime. But hey.. it's a game mechanics right?

Here are victory screens.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

They didn't fall unhappy whole game. I was able to get them only becaouse of spies. Stealed from ther 3 or 4 techs (5 maybe).

To sum it up: it's cheap victory after very bad playing.

I don't "ragequit" anymore when things don't go my way. After a couple of days I can even appreciate a bad loss.

Winning a game when the AI had a very clear and easy path to victory is one of the weirdest feelings. In your game I'd be tempted to go "1 more turn" just to see what the Russian hordes would have to offer.

I was thinking about this, I'll try to cut them of the coast, lure their troops to upgraded battleships. I'm afraid of their nukes (if they have any). I teching Atom so i can start nuke them out. Ill raport this tommorow..;P

Haha yea I just love how when you are attacking a city, like two units are engaging, but once you take it, the entire army emerges from the fog. Then you take down some units as they retake the city, and suddenly most of the units return to the fog, etc... until you can finally whittle down the army enough, if you ever can.

Excellent! Will be looking forward to more screenshots!

In prior versions I found it easier to do 1 more turn because of various options in UN. Not as fun now, but maybe rescuing a dead Civ or two could be a good cause for continuing the game!

Top Bottom