Your favourite tech researched quotes?

Thomazo

Chieftain
Mine is "There's only one good: knowledge.and one evil: ignorance"

and I don't even know why, it's just stuck on my mind

Yes, mine is "Joyfully unto the breeze..."
...because it means I'm getting my first caravel out onto the ocean next go; my second-favourite time in the game, (the first being <Bong!> - first scout has been built).

"The unleashed power of the atom has changed everything save our modes of thinking, and we thus drift toward unparalleled catastrophes."
- Albert Einstein

Yet the best one is not from CIV5:
“And when the hourglass has run out, the hourglass of temporality, when the noise of secular life has grown silent and its restless or ineffectual activism has come to an end, when everything around you is still, as it is in eternity, then eternity asks you and every individual in these millions and millions about only one thing: whether you have lived in despair or not.”
- Søren Kierkegaard: The Sickness Unto Death, Datalinks

"Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, what makest thou?"
–Bible Isaiah 45:9

&#8220;Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.&#8221;
- Lao Tzu (CIV 4)

"The only thing worse than being talked about, is not being talked about"
-Polycast ending.

I like the one about the human brain. How's it go:

If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't.

Dont very often get to hear it though as usually get bored in renaissance.

"To achieve great things, two things are needed. A plan, and not quite enough time."

Maybe I like that one because I work in project management, but I like that one.

"I think we agree: the past is over".

My actual favorite quote isn't from tech, but from the CN Tower wonder.

"Nothing travels faster than light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special rules."

"Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness, be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent' state." &#8211;Sun Tzu

I find it fascinating when they use ancient quotes and apply them to modern technology. The best example of that would probably be a Biblical quote for the Laser of all things.

"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves."
--Albert Einstein

"We all agree, the past is over." - George W. Bush
(a repeating technology that increases your score every time it is researched.)

"The meek shall inherit the earth, but not its mineral rights"
J.P. Getty (upon discover of mining)

I also like the kind of startled way the vocalist does the "A horse... A HORSE!!!" :lol:

Top Bottom