THE Noble's Club Bullpen, MK II

One one hand, it looks like most of the past leaders have been on the warlike side, but on the other, Gandhi was played in 30. I'd go with Mehmed in a normal game, but the purpose here seems to be to explore more interesting leaders, so Asoka would make for a more interesting game. I'd go with him.

Honestly, I think that a continents would be fine, but maybe more interesting continents than the typical "two long tall continents directly X squares across the sea from each other". Perhaps a well balanced Fractal would work? I don't care for map choice too much though.

Honestly, I think that a continents would be fine, but maybe more interesting continents than the typical "two long tall continents directly X squares across the sea from each other". Perhaps a well balanced Fractal would work? I don't care for map choice too much though.

Taken onboard :)

So that's...

Asoka -> 2
Mehmed II -> 1

Well... I very rarely have a reason which I can objectively support for my preference in playing certain leaders. I don't even have a clue what traits Mehmed has, I just like that he looks sneaky in one of the animations. :D

If you want to go with teaching values, then my vote isn't to be considered, since I haven't considered any game-learning aspect in suggesting Mehmed.

Mehmed's still a solid leader choice (no matter the reason for suggesting him) so I'll leave him in the running.

I'm actually hoping he might pick up a couple of votes :mischief:

Went with Asoka in the end on a fractal map.

Everything is set up, link is below...

Nobles club 39 - Asoka

Hopefully Dalamb will be better in time for the next game, I think he's better at organising these things than me... plus I'm curious to see what he has planned for his Qin game.

Asoka should be interesting, but can't wait for the Qin crossbow rush

Well, given a typical 2-week interval, I sure hope I'll be able post a game by the end of December! Recovering slowly but surely.

Good to hear :D

Organising these is game is more hard work than it appears, I even made a hash of the save on first attempt :) Plus hosting the game seems to have taken my appetite off actually playing it. :crazyeye:

The Prince's Clique just picked Qin... :p Sorry dalamb.

By the way, nice map Groogaroo. What setting did you pick exactly.. was it snaky continent archipelago?

I've noticed that some of the games are missing from the list. Were they played and just not linked to?

I think it's because TMIT was hosting NoblesClub for a while and set up this bullpen, only he can edit the opening post.

The Prince's Clique just picked Qin... :p Sorry dalamb.

By the way, nice map Groogaroo. What setting did you pick exactly.. was it snaky continent archipelago?

Glad you enjoyed it :) Map type was just a fractal map with standard settings, I had to reroll a few times until I got something a bit interesting.

Since CivIVMonger used Qin for his recently-posted Princes' Club VIII :cry: I'll have to pick somebody else for my end-of-year map. Mehmed was the most recent suggestion. The Hammam (aqueduct with +2:)) synergizes with exp/org to allow for bigger cities earlier, and more of them. Janissaries are Mustketmen with +25% versus older units, so a gunpowder beeline might make sense.

Any suggestions as to map type? Some water to take advantage of cheaper lighthouses and harbors, I think, but maybe not too much of it.

Yeah....Monger kinda threw this one off and such a terrible name for a series. Still playing it though. "Clique" just makes me thing of a bunch of teeny schoolgirls.

How 'bout a bells-out Terra map.

Shame about the Qin game :( luckily I love Mehmed :D

Any suggestions as to map type? Some water to take advantage of cheaper lighthouses and harbors, I think, but maybe not too much of it.

I agree, the cheap Lighthouses/harbours make Mehmed a good choice for a GreatLightHouse strat.

Cheap courthouses are always great and I love the Janissary, if you get to gunpowder early enough it's basically a str 11 musket. Ofcourse against another musket... it's just a musket :blush:

How 'bout a bells-out Terra map.

Not sure what that meant to mean either :confused:

@dalamb, can we have a new game on X'mas? ;)

Top Bottom