AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

I found something else we need to fix. I'm putting it on my list. The Hostile Takeover quest cannot be completed if it draws a corporation that runs off manufactured resources. I've had it sitting in a game keyed to Ultimate Soldiers. It should not have even triggered in the first place as I have had Steel, Lead, and Vulcanized Rubber before the quest even fired.

The problem is that the code checks for resources on the map when determining which resources the corporation needs. So in the Ultimate Soldiers example, because it didn't see any Steel or Vulcanized Rubber on the map, it thought I needed those resources for the quest. (Adding the resources to the map in WB fulfilled the quest.)

This is the actual code that is used. I speculate that this is done the way it is to account for maps that don't generate a particular resource at all (such as maps with very little water and no seafood bonuses; Sid's Sushi can be built with Rice alone).
Code:
def getHostileTakeoverListResources(corporation, player):
	map = gc.getMap()
	listHave = []
	for i in range(map.numPlots()):
		plot = map.plotByIndex(i)
		if plot.getOwner() == player.getID():
			iBonus = plot.getBonusType(player.getTeam())
			if iBonus != -1:
				if not iBonus in listHave:
					listHave.append(iBonus)
	listNeed = []
	for i in range(gc.getNUM_CORPORATION_PREREQ_BONUSES()):
		iBonus = corporation.getPrereqBonus(i)
		if iBonus != -1:
			if not iBonus in listHave:
				listNeed.append(iBonus)
	return listNeed

I just noticed this, and I want to figure out what we can do about it.

SVN 1021 - Enslaved workers from combat

I've started receiving enslaved workers, from combat with Barbarians at virtually 95%.

I think only 1 battle out of 20 or so, I've missed receiving an enslaved worker.

If I fight say 3 barbarians in 1 turn, win all 3 battles, I only receive 1 enslaved worker, so that's running at 10%, but for EVERY battle with 1 Barbarian, where I defend, I receive an enslaved worker.

they are normal workers, so that's fixed.

If only me, its my game, as its scrolling slower than usual.

2nd Bug

I've settled 7 cities in Chiefdom, I'm at the limit, can't settle any more. I now have a Barbarian city revolt to me, twice actually, after I "lost it" the 1st time, and 2nd time they actually raised it, and put a fort in place :)

Now the games gone and switched me to Despotism, as I assume because I had 8 cities, and now I have a 25% tax rate anger.

This is moderately a cheat, as you can switch civics with NO ANARCHY. Just get to 7 cities in chiefdom, take an 8th, and now you can switch civics with NO ANARCHY. (8 turns at Eternity speed)

looks for me like a bug: Arkebusier upgrades to Dragoer when researched Kavallery Tactics, but the rider does not upgrade
Mod rev. 1021

Edit
also a bug: abadone a building does not work proper.
I deleted two building with green face, and in city screen left in the biulding table these gone away, but right at top the calsublation still is same, same in the list what is causing that.

and a translation to German failure, a very oly one (I believe it was fixed in between):
the star fort is transpated with "Sternenfort" but it is not a fort of stars and the right translation is either Sternfestung or Bastion
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bastion

and another one: probably a UTF8 issue: Suppulium is schown as ?uppulium

What I mean here is cities, that are captured militarily, and are in a state of anarchy.

The cultural borders will expand the next turn, even though you have 2 turns of anarchy to go, or longer with larger cities.

I believe that the cultural borders shouldn't expand UNTIL the city comes out of anarchy.

This would slow down invading armies and allow for more realistic control of the country side.

You'd IMMEDIATELY get the benefit of any improved resources, but yet you don't fully control the city, seems broken to me.

Solution - Delay expansion of city borders till city is out of anarchy, the same should go for any other cities in anarchy, they ALL should lose cultural control over tiles. The imputed culture should remain as is, just the control of the tile, no city order, no control.:goodjob:

looks for me like a bug: Arkebusier upgrades to Dragoer when researched Kavallery Tactics, but the rider does not upgrade
Mod rev. 1021

That is the way it is supposed to work. The core defensive line of units (including Arquebusier) can upgrade to the mobile defense units (including Dragoon). Mobile defense units count as mounted units and get 2+ moves but can get defensive bonuses, unlike most mounted units. They can't get City Garrison promotions if created, but could have them if upgraded.

Rider is part of the light cavalry line (Horseman - Horse Archer - Rider - Lancer - Light Cavalry). These are meant as scouting/"cleanup" units, as they have 2 movement and ignore terrain costs, so they always move 2 tiles per turn regardless of terrain (getting to 3 tiles requires Morale and Led by Warlord, or Speed and Combat IV/Flanking III). Rider upgrades to Lancer at Flintlock.

Delay expansion of city borders till city is out of anarchy, the same should go for any other cities in anarchy, they ALL should lose cultural control over tiles. The imputed culture should remain as is, just the control of the tile, no city order, no control.:goodjob:

Are you saying that the cities culture control of the BFC should be lost when that city goes into disorder? With fixed borders this would allow rivals to grab control of tiles with units, and they would not go back when the city come out of anarchy. This would allow some powerful strategies hat the AI is unlikely to take advantage of..

but with fixed borders, you need 2x culture to flip a tile, from memory of a reply.

As inputed culture stays remains. When the city comes out of Anarchy, it would revert to majority culture.

IF you INVADED and enemy holds a tile due to fixed borders, to hold that "one strategic tile", you just kill the holding unit.

If they hold it with an 'Army', well, garrison the city, and by pass that army.

I don't see a problem with this,

Holding a tile with one unit - Kill that unit.
Holding a tile from a lost city - Invading army kills that unit.
Defending army holds a tile (why not a fort?? etc) - Kill or by pass that army.

<iForeignerUnhappyPercent> is working... very strange.

In Chronicles I have set this for Republic:
<iForeignerUnhappyPercent>20</iForeignerUnhappyPercent>
My goal was to have 1:mad:/5%foreign culture.

Than I see this:
Civ4ScreenShot0521.JPG
As you may see Paris of Troy is running Republic and the info screen says: 1:mad:/5%foreign culture.

Than I look into his city and see 29% foreign culture but only 1:mad: (not 5)
Civ4ScreenShot0520.JPG

So the method of displaying is inverted, not the way of calculating it.

minidump and sav attached
when click next turn I get CTD
it's a new game, not that with the crash above, yesterday, now already at 98 bv Chr
Looks for me as currently there is no game playable w/o come to a CTD, makes really no fun.

Edit
I had an idea, remembered an old bug in old ROM several years ago. There had been a CTD always if next turn a special wonder was ready.
So I just had a look if there also is a wonder before its finish, and the Port of Gard was just 1 turn before. I set in building list apothecary as first, so that Point of Gard does not finish this turn, made a sav and give it a try.
And what happened: I got next turn w/o CTD.
Then next turn I removed the apothecary and let the Port of Gard be at top with finished next turn and click next turn, and now no CTD and I got it fine.

Edit 2
seems thats this idea was not so right, CTD again, and there is no wonder around.
minidump + sav attached

this time I find no workaround. Find no way or change to do to continue. :mad:

Edit 3
I made a litttle change a turn before, hurried one building, CTD again, but after autosav, and the autosav I could load fine and continue
... and 25 turns later CTD again, same as before, I could load the autosav and continue, and again the same, some turns later.

and now again a CTD several turns later where I not (not yet) find a workaround
- went back 1 autosav, made a minor change (built a road), and could continue
what the hack is causing these CTDs so often?

Edit 4
I set "no random images" and "no storms", before I had a CTD nearby every turn, and since I disabled these two there was no CTD again (crossing fingers)
...eh, and CTD again and again,,
and this seems to be the absolute end, find no work around, also not when I go one or more autosav back. This year 468 crashes CTD always.

Not sure if this is classified as a bug, or just a game play anomaly.

When at war with Civ A, you make peace, and receive tribute such as 3 techs, 1 city and gold. (yes I did)

Civ A now vassaled to Civ B, the master.

I can now declare war on Civ B, while still in the enforced peace treaty time, and by default war with Civ A, whom I want to eliminate.

Stranger thing is, Civ B, is more backwards then Civ A, who's the vassal.

Now is this working as designed (W.A.D.) or just a quirk of vassals.

Personally, I believe that peace treaty, should be enforced onto the Master, same as when your forced out of war due to victim, vassaled to a 3rd neutral party.

Unfortunately, the game does not start...

please help

Someone had this problem a few months ago. The file that is being referred to is not a file of AND at all. All of the text files for AND have names in all caps. I can find six files with that filename in my current setup. One is in Civ4\Assets\XML\Text (NOT a BTS folder) and the others are all in separate mods.

The copy of CIV4GameText_Civilopedia_Units.xml that I have does not have the text key for TXT_KEY_UNIT_ALLIESCARRIER_PEDIA anywhere in it. How many copies of the file being referenced can you find in your installation of Civ4, and in what folders are they in? That might give us some insights.

Remember me folks? I've been fighting over bug with formations with many models per unit and absence of siege tower during attack of one's city... blast that, I'm an idiot. There's no siege tower when there's no castle/walls in there, and formations are there either.
Sorry for wasting your time... :(
Yea, I know, I'm an idiot....

Latest revision, just got this Quest message with some oddities within.

View attachment 409381

There's a missing assignment in the Python help-generating text. I will fix it in my next build. I'm trying to reach a stopping point where I compile everything I've proposed recently into an SVN update. It will probably be when we finish the XP curves.

Just for everyone's information, I'm not completely back at modding yet. I'm still away from home and my modding PC for some time, unfortunately, due to some problems with the renovation of my flat. It could take one month more, although I sincerely hope not. Anyway I've found a way to use an old laptop to compile dll when needed but it's really painfully slow. And I can't debug, since civ won't work on that PC. So I use one PC for coding and another for testing. I leave to your imagination how painful it might be to work like this.

Latest revision, just got this Quest message with some oddities within.

View attachment 409381

Wow, impressive. I can honestly say that I have never even seen thar event before in all the years I've been playing BTS. Lol, good to know this game still has surprises left.

Top Bottom