FiRe! - Fall into Revolution

Jean Elcard

The Flavournator
FiRe! - Fall into Revolution 0.0.4
(Revolution mod mod for Fall from Heaven)

Description: FiRe is an early (but already stable) adaption of jdog5000's Revolution mod pack (click for more info) for Fall from Heaven. Some things may not make much sense in FfH terms at the moment, but it's already a lot of fun. I'm very interested in your feedback. Please don't hesitate to tell me what you think. I know the mod mod is far from perfect and a lot of things need to be improved.

Features: (correpond more or less with the new game options introduced by this mod mod)

• BarbarianCiv: Barbarian cities, if left to their own devices, will eventually "settle down" into full blown civs.
  • Revolution: Sections of disgruntled empires may rise up together and demand changes or attempt to break away from the motherland.
  • Start as Minors: All civilizations start as a minor civs (no diplomacy, at war with everybody else until cartography)
  • Tech Diffusion: Civs who fall behind in tech but have lots of friends will receive some free research points to help them keep up.
  • Dynamic Civilization Names: Renames civs based on their civics choices and other status factors.
  • FlavourMod: Flavourwise appropriate civ starting location, MarshTerrain, holdfasts at choke/vantage points (more info)
  • Change Player Tool: Take control of any other player in the game.
  • AIAutoPlay Tool: Allow the AI to take over for you for one or more turns. Great for testing and for getting through dull periods.
For more information about most of these features you should absolutely read this thread: Welcome to Revolution!
The Revolution FAQs might be of interest to you to: Revolution FAQ

Installation: First of all, make sure that you have the correct version of Fall from Heaven installed on your computer. If that is the case download the zip file below, unpack it and run the installer program. When the installation is complete use the "Fall into Revolution" link on your Desktop to start the mod directly or load the mod by any other means. Then go for a custom game, set one or more of the new game options (BarbarianCivs, Revolution, ...) and start the game.

Download FiRe 0.0.4 for Fall from Heaven 0.34h (03.11.2008)

Note: The installer does not overwrite your Fall from Heaven installation. It copies everything in another mod directory and then adds its own files to the copy. The Uninstaller only removes the modified copy and leaves your original Fall from Heaven installation intact.

Next version content:

- gender dependent dynamic civ names like Matriarchy of the Sheaim
- Reintroduction of eras. Now called Technology Eras. Current tech era displayed ingame.
- replaced all references to current era (used as religion ids in FfH) with the new tech era references
- Updated Revolution from 1.64 to 1.65b. Fixes the bribe city OOS error.
- FiRe version number diplayed ingame (flag info) [from Better BtS AI]
- Fixed bug where AI uses player's ID instead of attitude when evaluating deals. [from Unofficial BtS Patch]
- AI will now only redline its actual Favorite Civic with DENIAL_FAVORITE_CIVIC rather than all of them. [from Unofficial BtS Patch]
- AI will change civics during Golden Ages [from Unofficial BtS Patch]
- Fixed bug that allowed an event to trigger on a unit who just died. [from Unofficial BtS Patch]
- Fixed bug with CyUnit::getRevoltProtection() returning the wrong value. [from Unofficial BtS Patch]
- Fixed bug where Glance screen would include part of player's name in attitude calculation. [from Unofficial BtS Patch]
- Fix: Avoid Angry Citizens button won't display if city screen isn't up
- Update: barbarian civ patch for revolution 1.65b

Some handy ingame shortcuts:

Ctrl+Shift+M AI Auto Play finishes your current turn
Ctrl+Shift+X AI Auto Play plays a given number of turns for you
Ctrl+Shift+L Switch to another civilization.

Credits:

A big thankyou goes to Kael and Co for making Fall from Heaven and jdog5000 for making the Revolution mod pack. My work was merely to glue together these two great mods. Thanks again.

Have fun playing,
Jean Elcard.

W00t!

(Hmm... does that really mean what I think it does...? /googles/
Yes.)

W00t!

Don't have much time myself, but this is something I'm very much looking forward to. (Esp. a FF version, nudge nudge.)

I want to see Calabim cities revolt after one vamp-snack too many and get brutally repressed. :) I wonder if civs following the Order can be made "brittle"? Fewer problems overall but a danger of going to pieces if things do get bad.

Anyway, as I said, w00t.

OMG OMG OMG OMG etc. !!!

this is totally gonna rock everybody's world!

thanx a lot for the work you've put into this Jean :)

Sounds like fun! I wonder if Orthus (and Acheron?) might be promoted to leader status.

Awesome, I'm going to dive right into this code ASAP. I want to see how you handled some of the things that gave me pause. :)

Awesome, I'm going to dive right into this code ASAP. I want to see how you handled some of the things that gave me pause. :)

Don't look at the code too closely. ;) Especially the Python merge could need some refinement. The SDK part should be ok though. I left out everything connected to the Better AI mod. Too specific for BTS in my opinion. Everything else is in. I'm sorry I forgot to upload the changed dll source files together with the mod. I'll upload them later.

This first version is more or less a proof of principle. I wanted to see myself, if a merge is possible at all. Even if most of the features are working already (somehow) there is still a lot do to make it work in harmony with FfH. The civics and their influence on the revolution probability, who is likely to revolt in which civ, restrict the barbarians from turning into the Infernal/Mercurians, keep new civs from killing of Archeron by appearing, some interface stuff and so on. I will certainly have to ask for help with some parts of this here later on.

[to_xp]Gekko;7322445 said:
OMG OMG OMG OMG

I'm happy to see, that Revolution for FfH has seemingly the "drool factor" in the opinion of some forum members already. :) You should thank jdog5000 for it. He did a great job with his Revolution mod. Not only from a players perspective. He made the code as adaptable for different mods as possible, even if this doesn't mean that it is an all to easy task to make it work with something as huge as FfH (or FF). ;)

Sounds like fun! I wonder if Orthus (and Acheron?) might be promoted to leader status.

You know, I always wondered about Archeron and the dragon cult. I mean, why wait for the Shaeim or Kuriotates to "discover" their draconic legacy when you have a real, live dragon stomping around ready to be worshipped?

Seems like the barbs should get dragon cult first, but the Shaeim and Kuriotates can nullify the negative effects by getting their techs.

Oooh, Nice!. RevFfH!. I will be dling this once it is fully stable. Have you set up the breakaway civs yet? This would mesh sort of well with FF. For example, if the Amurites suffer a civil war, the Kahdi would spawn for example.

Sounds very interesting. Do you plan to make it work with 0.34?

Certainly, as soon as there is a stable patch for it and I find the time. Have to start my master thesis soon ...

You know, I always wondered about Archeron and the dragon cult. I mean, why wait for the Shaeim or Kuriotates to "discover" their draconic legacy when you have a real, live dragon stomping around ready to be worshipped?

Seems like the barbs should get dragon cult first, but the Shaeim and Kuriotates can nullify the negative effects by getting their techs.

Isn't the boy leading the Kuriotates actually a dragon? I remember something like this. Would be nice to have Archeron founding his own civ too, but for now, I'll just block Archeron's city from ever becoming the cradle of a new civilization. In my last test game the Hippus got the Dragon Horde almost right from the beginning by starting out in Archeron's city.

If someone wants the "Archeronians", feel free to create them, I'm sure Vehem would be happy to add them to Fall Further.

Oooh, Nice!. RevFfH!. I will be dling this once it is fully stable. Have you set up the breakaway civs yet? This would mesh sort of well with FF. For example, if the Amurites suffer a civil war, the Kahdi would spawn for example.

The one thing I didn't add is Better AI for BtS. These parts are all in:

• AI Auto Play (lay down all your burdens and just watch the mortals thrive)
  • Barbarian Civ (some barbarians may settle down into real civilizations)
  • Change Player (switch to another civilization while the game is already running)
  • Revolution (a new civ may break away from the motherland by means of revolution)
  • Tech Diffusion (techs trickle down to civs being technoclogically far behind)
  • Start as Minors (start as a minor civ, no diplomacy, war with everyone)
  • dynamic civ names

... and FlavourMod is in too. ;)

Great Mod!

I do have problems though-

1) The Mercurians and Infernals spawn as normal civs from rebellion.
2) When Cassiel II or Auric Ulvin II take over, their civ can adopt a religion. The 2nd version of a leader should have the same traits of the previous.

I think it makes sense that they should be able to adopt a religion. They have taken over your civ. Cassiel II isnt Cassiel I. He may have overthrown Cassiel and changed the rules of the Grigori.

I think it would be interesting to add "proto-civs" with aspects like a specific race or civilization's units but more generic. That way, you could have generic things like vampires or elves that rise up out of the cities. And then you could tie those things to religions that aren't the state religion (RoK rebels are dwarves, FoL are elven) or even do proto-civs that have religious aspects and are completely vanilla. Vampires could rise out of a civilization with the "Aristocracy" civic as well as the Empyrean as the state religion (evil vampires are revealed as leading certain cities, leads to civil war). These are just examples but I think that this system is very robust and could be adapted to things that are very flavorful and thematic.

I've played about 150 turns (normal speed) and no errors so far. But no 'revolution' developments either. There are lots of barb cities, but none has settled and none of the AI have factioned. Is it just too early? When should I expect to see the action?

I've played about 150 turns (normal speed) and no errors so far. But no 'revolution' developments either. There are lots of barb cities, but none has settled and none of the AI have factioned. Is it just too early? When should I expect to see the action?

Is it a custom game you are playing? All the parts of revolution are optional. You'll have to tick the respective check boxes first to make them work. You should have seen a revolution or two already. They are a bit uncontrollable in this current version.

Dumb question, but hey that's what I'm known for, how does RevFFH differ from Rhye's mod? I don't have access to my computer right now.

Yaaay!

Have you implemented anything different than in revolution mod?

I think rebel types would be cool. Each having different units and different agendas. Reactionaries and loyalists if you switch away from monarchy, fielding cavalry and royal guards and trying to establish god king, aristocracy, serfdom (though serfdom is away now). Republicans that try to change civics to Republic and Liberty (and away from slavery) and field peasant troops (warriors), light melee, and cause revolts in cities. Religious revolts that spawn from cities with religious minorities, try to adopt Theocracy, Religion, appropriate religious civic like Arete or Guardian of Nature, and change religion to their state religion. They'd spawn troops of warriors and priests/high priests. Of course, if things get dire, even members of your state religion might start a fanatic revolt, believing that they'd live better under theocracy, same as religious minor revolt but it would keep state religion. Coup d'etates, making your country Despotism and military state. Aristocracy revolts, peasant revolts, citizen riots, slave revolts (!), merchant revolts (spawn mercenaries and light cavalry and demand free trade/mercantilism)... Cultural minority revolts (those dwarves wanting their own kingdom again)

Negotiation with rebels should be allowed, with options to pay them off, or accept their demands (in that case you get their armies but other cities may rebel)

Top Bottom