Help with Wonder Splashes?

Desertmoongw

Chieftain
Basically, I'm working on a mod to add a new wonder to Civ V based on the Deadman Wonderland Anime but I can't seem to be able to do the Wonder Splash Image. Whenever I try to build the wonder in game it says that it was unable to load the texture and then displays the screen without the splash. A screenshot of the bit of code and the setup in modbuddy is attached, I would very much appreciate any help.

Attachments

• deadman.png
    deadman.png
    124.7 KB · Views: 60
There are a lot of tutorials ouththere.

Quick tipp get your favorite image open it with your favorite image programm, save this file to 1028/768 size.
Then open it with gimp 2.6, make sure you have the dds plug in.
Then open the file with gimp and save it as...
Select the dds part and also RGBA8 compression, then take this file.
Adde it to your mod, set it to VSF true and and add it to the wonder you are looking for.

I had similar trouble with my first custom wonder. I use Paint.net and couldn't get it to work until I re-sized the image to 972x568 and compressed it (when I saved it) using "DXT3 (Explicit Alpha)". I left the other options there on defaults.

Good luck

I had similar trouble with my first custom wonder. I use Paint.net and couldn't get it to work until I re-sized the image to 972x568 and compressed it (when I saved it) using "DXT3 (Explicit Alpha)". I left the other options there on defaults.

Good luck

Each time i use that size the wonders are to small ingame, maybe just my feeling, but they dont fit with the window.
Instead i use 1024/768 sizes, like a lot of other modders also do.

Top Bottom