Lancer UU trouble for AI?

Arksa

Warlord
Noticed in one of my immortal games that Sweden spammed a ton of Hakkapeliittas, their unique lancer replacement.

Then as turns went by, they keep spamming them against my great war infantry and later...infantry. He had some decent promotions to them but man, they could have used some other units more and they would have been much more scary.

Seems like the lancer UU civs might have problems when it can take very long time to even upgrade to anti-tank guns (which are still very meh).

I hardly even see Sweden use Hakkapeliittas in my games, but this will depend on resources. In my latest game, Sweden spammed Carolines though (and that was less fun).

My current game as Morrocco they spammed more Carolean's than Hakka's. They did have quite a few hakka's aswell though. Seems they'll use Hakka's if they've got enough horses.

Fortunately I had a nice big desert across which they all had to go and 5 units of my Berber cavalry basically destroyed them all.

Why? They're designed as a counter to cavalry? It wouldn't make sense that you can't build them at that point. Landships, perhaps, but not Cavalry.

Top Bottom