SGOTM 20 - Fifth Element

Some thoughts....

Go for AP victory.

Things to do:

Get Hinmiss to Gus, convert him to Hinduism, maybe give him back a (Hindu) city, maybe Islamabad.

Complete temple builds.

Add missionaries to main stack.

Settle GP.

edit: We can control AP victory by not spreading Hinduism to Gus until Napoleon capitulates and religions/temples are sorted. Its possible that Chill could send a hindu missionary to Gus but it seems unlikely.

Build wealth in lots of cities.

AI's will be getting Astronomy soon. Maybe we should trade it away for as much as we can get for it.

It would be ideal if we could have a quick war with Napoleon followed by his capitulation and the capture or destruction of the Christian shrine. Our resident election was fairly dominant. Can we can be reliably certain of AP victory? If not, we will have to win by domination. If domination, then every bit of territory will help. We will want to take the Jewish cities as well as Confucian cities to the north.

Some thoughts....

Go for AP victory.

Things to do:

Get Hinmiss to Gus, convert him to Hinduism, maybe give him back a (Hindu) city, maybe Islamabad.

Complete temple builds.

Add missionaries to main stack.

Settle GP.

edit: We can control AP victory by not spreading Hinduism to Gus until Napoleon capitulates and religions/temples are sorted. Its possible that Chill could send a hindu missionary to Gus but it seems unlikely.

Build wealth in lots of cities.
All this sounds good to me. :goodjob:

Once we get Nappy to capitulate we can give him back cities with one religion, if we are short on missionaries. Our vassals are not required to have two religions per city.

Play on.

Played on three turns. We're at war with Nap who has frigates.

Arretium keeps revolting, I'm thinking about returning it to Jules. We currently have 62 temples and 3 prophets so we can afford to lose a couple of temples.

Arretium would require just a couple more units to be stable. I think we should up the research rate and trade for some techs.

ok. Units are on the way already. We're 3 turns from Chemistry. Playing on.

I checked the save.

According to F9, we have 64 temples. With 3 settled GPro this makes 76.
Every city we own now has at least 2 religions.
Napo is willing to capitulate and he offers Bayonne, which is better we refuse.
We can even liberate Islamabad to Gus, to be safe in case our missionaries fail.

My suggestion: take Nap Capitulation now, see how the hindu spread goes and in the worst case liberate Islamabad to Gus.

Wait 3 turns, done.

Sorry to have dropped out, but after i screwed that short set i never catched up with this game.
I think this will be my last SG, at least as a team leader.

EDIT: i counted the votes, and unless one of the English votes for us, we don't reach the 1101 votes needed. But i see many cities will grow next turn, so maybe you can do some micro to let some more to grow.

Thanks for your set. I'll take a look at the save tonight.

Back xD

Expected more than 3 pages only -_-

I had probably my new flat secured so no more sleeping under newspapers in park :]

OK, so far as I understand, we have met all conditions except one: victory.

What I do NOT understand is, why we havent won yet.

We know from some very very long time Peter is our opponent in votings and we need votes of Churchill to win if we want it quicker.
So why havent we gifted any city to Churchill? No new trades (those we have with him are thousands years old)? No nationalism running forcing him to adopt it by diplo or espionage? No tech gifting?

Now the solution is take Louis cities asap with misionairies ready nearby or in stack OR dont care about missionairies and liberate all captured cities to Napoleon.

First, welcome back!

It sounds like you have a plan. Want to take this set?

I think we better include missionaries to be safe. You may be more aware of the mechanics of it, but I'm sometimes confused when I don't seem to have an option to gift cities that I think should be giftable.

First, welcome back!

It sounds like you have a plan. Want to take this set?

I think we better include missionaries to be safe. You may be more aware of the mechanics of it, but I'm sometimes confused when I don't seem to have an option to gift cities that I think should be giftable.

You always have this option when you go via diplo negotiations as soon as you capture the city.

This set is only take 2-3 Louis cities, liberate to Nap, vassalize Louis, win voting

You always have this option when you go via diplo negotiations as soon as you capture the city.
It always allows you to trade the city you captured to whomever you want? I'll have to look again.

Welcome back enKage. bring it home, another wooden spoon is waiting.

Top Bottom