Forming a player group to play Multiplayer games with reloads(Non-GMR)

Altisma

Warlord
So far I have gotten tired of games never being finished. NQ is not a solution to finishing them since half the players just get tired and want to start a new one a every time when it comes to reloading the next day and the other half isn't online until next week. It's also painful on the eyes and body to sit still for 8 hours in quick game to just finish it.

So what I'm looking for in players is people who have a lot of free time or the ability to stick to plans made. Preferably young people with nothing going on in their lives everyday or people who are 35 who live with there parents in a basement unemployed. If you play video games everyday you probably over-qualify. I'm a student involved in a lot of life activity but still can find time to play 2-5 hours a day or 15 hours a week.

Since this is also a group where the expectation is to meet up and reload the game, not play it all through one sitting, other conditions can apply like being able to use standard and epic game times. It is also possible to use smaller mods like map scripts(Terra, Perfect World, Continent's Plus) provided the files are the same for every players. That's entirely up to players on what game settings is used.

If you don't know if this group is for you, look at this conditions and think it over.

1. Be on Steam regularly - this is just a requirement for being able to contact encase of change of plans.
  2. Have enough free time in life so games can be finished in at least 2 weeks or less. Ideally playing twice for a few hours a week is a goal to meet.
  3. A civ game should be played for at least a few hours
  4. Know how to play Civilization 5 - You should be setting cities to food/production focus at appropriate times, know which units are useless and not, respond to trade deals and send trade deals, be able to use City States either through bullying or allying, keep up with other players, know the priority research paths, be diplomatic, and not letting workers be exposed to foreign units within grabbing distance.
  5. No quitting without a reason. NQ rules apply here.
  6. Have Gods and Kings, Brave New World, and other DLC packs (Korea, Inca, Denmark, Babylon, Polynesia, Ancient Wonders). These things listed other than BNW are currently on sale for 75% off and have been on multiple sales in the past, so it should be expected you have all of them. The Map Packs are a bonus.

So if your a player with a lot of free time who enjoys Civilization 5 multiplayer but doesn't want to play 10 hours non-stop join this steam group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/civ5reloaders

GMT timezone link.

http://www.timetemperature.com/time-zone-maps/world-time-zone-map-longitude.gif

You might want to wait for Pitboss to arrive with BNW, that would address many of the issues you are trying to deal with.

CS

You might want to wait for Pitboss to arrive with BNW, that would address many of the issues you are trying to deal with.

CS

Pitboss is basically GMR, you play your turn and then wait a week for the next guy to do his then the next one and next. This is a group for playing a game and finishing them in a week with reloads.

Some months ago, me, EEE_BOY, Onan and pals were organizing games that we played in sessions 1 time per week.

You propose same concept, great, but less constraints would be more appealing. Why not let it simple and focus on same days and hours? It's a planetary field of (good)players you want to reach after all.

I'm in btw. GMT -5. But i can play only at night on weeks and sunday evenings.

Pitboss is basically GMR, you play your turn and then wait a week for the next guy to do his then the next one and next. This is a group for playing a game and finishing them in a week with reloads.

I proposed Pitboss since what you are trying to do is very difficult to organize, that is why both Civplayers and NQ run games in one sitting most of the time, this is just human nature.

Pitboss can be set for a number of hours not just days per turn, I quit often set pitboss for 12 hour turns so two turns per day can be played.

The only way to do what you want is to get a very dedicated group of players, preferably all in the same time zone, or else scheduling becomes a nightmare.

CS

If you would agree to answer these questions, I don't think they are off-topic, but admittedly I am not concerned with joining these games.
If this game actually becomes unbalanced from some player not being very strong, how do you stand to play it? If the game is unfun if someone plays it badly, why are certain thresholds of poor play like that and not others?

I proposed Pitboss since what you are trying to do is very difficult to organize, that is why both Civplayers and NQ run games in one sitting most of the time, this is just human nature.

Pitboss can be set for a number of hours not just days per turn, I quit often set pitboss for 12 hour turns so two turns per day can be played.

The only way to do what you want is to get a very dedicated group of players, preferably all in the same time zone, or else scheduling becomes a nightmare.

CS

That's essentially what the group is looking for, dedicated players with a lot of free time. There are people who literally play Civilization 5 everyday and there are people who have enough free time to at least play for a few hours but not whole games everyday.

Some months ago, me, EEE_BOY, Onan and pals were organizing games that we played in sessions 1 time per week.

You propose same concept, great, but less constraints would be more appealing. Why not let it simple and focus on same days and hours? It's a planetary field of (good)players you want to reach after all.

I'm in btw. GMT -5. But i can play only at night on weeks and sunday evenings.

Same days and same hours? That would have to be decided when the moment comes up to continue the game later between the players. Either way I rewrote some of the original post to be/sound less strict.

GMT -5 OR GMT -6

Really, I'd like to do some few hour sessions, with 3 to 4 at most, even just 2 is fine, as its easier to set-up, and having some AI's in the middle makes things interesting.

I would be fine from 1:30 PM to 5 PM EST on weekdays anytime - if I fall into that range I would be glad to play with yall

Possibly at nights too EST, but I can't guarantee that every day though unlike I can with the above^.

Hi,
I'm the opposite to a quitter. Usually available at 5:30am to 7:30am (Not the best times) and 3:00pm to 8:30pm (I have highschool to attend) during weekdays (EST) I'm a good player, going to get the DLC packs (all) during the next sale and i'm fine with any and all settings.

I would be fine from 1:30 PM to 5 PM EST on weekdays anytime - if I fall into that range I would be glad to play with yall

Possibly at nights too EST, but I can't guarantee that every day though unlike I can with the above^.

I need a steam name to add you to the list Gucumatz, and Shibilord what timezone are you in?

In contrast to my earlier post, I am interested in this group if a session for Brave New World is going up. I'm stragosgogo on Steam. GMT -4. I know how to play Civilization V.

I'm sorry my questions didn't interest you.

I go under the steam username Tabbel, you have played me before in NQ plokoon so you already have me added :p

I will be busy on weekends until August 3rd - After that I should be available for practically any time on weekends too

NQ-Luckystrike here. My timesone is CET. The coming week I can play standard or epic speed 24/7. :) Hope some one are up for 2-3 long sessions.

I can join too, I was looking for a group to play Civ V MP. but time might be problem, GMT +2 here.

I can join too, I was looking for a group to play Civ V MP. but time might be problem, GMT +2 here.

Gonna need a steam key name to add you to the list. Timezone won't matter if more Europe players join in. Also if your name is on the list already guys expect a steam friend invite.

Hi. I'm getting BNW today/tomorrow, but I want to post now so I don't forget haha.

I'm GMT -5/-6, and I will make a steam account today/tomorrow. (I had the Mac AppStore G&K version). Also, isn't there a patch that doesn't allow Macs to play VS PCs?

Hi. I'm getting BNW today/tomorrow, but I want to post now so I don't forget haha.

I'm GMT -5/-6, and I will make a steam account today/tomorrow. (I had the Mac AppStore G&K version). Also, isn't there a patch that doesn't allow Macs to play VS PCs?

The mac version is often left outdated compared to the PC version. Crossplay is supported but due to patch differences its near impossible.

Top Bottom