Screenshots!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pillars of Eternity

*Minor spoiler for tutorial below.*

Playing with the options at the start of the game, I really should toggle Big Head Mode on again.
Spoiler :

Example of dialogue choice, er, tones? These have a very flavourful effect upon the game as you build up your reputation.
Spoiler :

Some choices require a specific amount of attribute or skill points or backgrounds you chose for your character.
Spoiler :

Combat.
Spoiler :

The art is fantastic and realistic.
Spoiler :

A few times in the game you get a bit of an interactive page like this, usually for breaking a wall or climbing something.
Spoiler :

Pretty art!
Spoiler :

The item descriptions are great, very much the same vein as those in Baldur's Gate (could have even been written by the same people actually).
Spoiler :

Bothering the dead.
Spoiler :

Awesome map table!
Spoiler :

Occasionally some minor things change, like the tide level.
Spoiler :

... but I already killed that entire (or the heads of it anyway) family in their home. Did you not get the news?
Spoiler :

Oh, goody. I've always wanted a 5 story sacrifical pit chamber in my basement /s (minor spoiler for the endless dungeon)
Spoiler :

And a room full of spikes! It wasn't worth going in there. (minor spoiler for the endless dungeon)
Spoiler :

My party, Kana's armour is different now and I gave him a better arbalest but it's still the same for most of them.
Spoiler :

I have yet to play ID, but yes, Obsidian achieved what they set out to do. It is very similar, especially in the item descriptions, to the whatever its called engine games like ID and BG.

Oh, dear. Now, what your eyes shall gaze upon is terror! Terror!

Well, and bad NV screenshots, buut. In ultra-low quality, as a bonus.

Who's the sheriff, baby? I am the sheriff.
Spoiler :

Another angle of the previous shot, because why not.
Spoiler :

Me, looking like a bad Elvis impersonator.
Spoiler :

"Hey! Where are you going with Mr. Benny's suit and gun?"
"Well, he borrowed them to me. At gunpoint."
Spoiler :

And one from FO3.

"I think I'm going to take a naaap"
Spoiler :

The Infinity and Aurora Engines were their 2nd and 3rd Ed games.

Spoiler :

Playing through Dark Souls 2 again, since Scholar of the First Sin released. Took this shot in the Sunken King DLC

Dancing round a rock as a round starts in Napoleonic Wars.
Spoiler :

Dude, have a Snickers.
Spoiler :

I've also come back to the game, I see a lot of changes (hadn't played since the big patch), but I suspect there mustn't have been many changes to the DLC areas right?...

The DLC areas are unchanged I think.

Everything else was worth the $20 for the game though; this is how the game should've been released on launch. I like how the pacing has been changed, as well; Heide's Tower is now a mid-to-late game area (at least after you kill the Dragonrider), stuff like that. I'm loving SotFS.

Spoiler :

The Gutter has some of the best changes - it was one of my favorite areas in the game prior to SotFS, and now it's definitely my favorite.

Sounds to me like you paid $20 for a patch.

$20 for upgraded graphics, 6 possible phantoms in your world at once, most of the mobs and items in the game being shuffled around to change the flow of the game, new armor and weapons, etc

Was pretty worth it imo

$20 for new content and all the DLC packaged into it seems like a fair deal to me

As someone who had the season pass for DS2, 20$ was the breaking point I'd chosen long before they announced the price. 10-15$ I would have been okay with, 20$ was stretching it. I thought they'd sell it to us at 30$ so I guess I was "pleasantly" surprised... Still not a great move.

Although those who had Vanilla Dark Souls 2 and none of the DLC get a really sweet deal because for 30$ they get all the expansions and that is what the expansions are worth by themselves.

At least we can take solace in the fact that if I had DS2 + season Pass on Playstation 3, it wouldn't matter and I'd have to buy this new version of the game for 40-50$...

And this version of Dark Souls II is really worth it for anyone who doesn't own the game at all right now. Amazing game. I'd say those who get a bit of a shaft are, sadly as is often the case, early adopters and huge fans. It's not too much of a shaft but I'm still mildly sour about it. Still, could have been worse as I said. I guess within the 20$ is also the value of being able to come back to something fresh and play this game again.

That was taken with Scatterer. Not my own pic but way too beautiful to pass up.

Die CIS scum.
Spoiler :

Die Rebel scum.
Spoiler :

Die Imp scum.
Spoiler :

Die Gungan scum.
Spoiler :

Die Wampa scum.
Spoiler :

Status
Not open for further replies.