Luxury resources

fromeast2west

Warlord
I recently set up a game where one of the goals was the Silk Road achievement. I ended up reducing the number of civs on the map to only the ones I needed, so I was playing with less that the default for that map size.

While playing I noticed that luxury resources seemed hard to find, but I was enjoying the increased early exploration and room to grow so it didn't bother me.

I wrapped up that game and set up another one, and because I had enjoyed the extra space I decided to reduce the number of civs from the default again. ... and again, it seemed like there were fewer luxuries on the map.

I've since tried setting up games with the default, fewer, and even more civilizations, and based just on my casual observations it really seems to alter the number of luxuries on the map.

I'd always assumed that luxuries scaled with map size, but could it really be scaling with number of civs instead?:confused:

I recently set up a game where one of the goals was the Silk Road achievement. I ended up reducing the number of civs on the map to only the ones I needed, so I was playing with less that the default for that map size.

While playing I noticed that luxury resources seemed hard to find, but I was enjoying the increased early exploration and room to grow so it didn't bother me.

I wrapped up that game and set up another one, and because I had enjoyed the extra space I decided to reduce the number of civs from the default again. ... and again, it seemed like there were fewer luxuries on the map.

I've since tried setting up games with the default, fewer, and even more civilizations, and based just on my casual observations it really seems to alter the number of luxuries on the map.

I'd always assumed that luxuries scaled with map size, but could it really be scaling with number of civs instead?:confused:

they scale with nuber of civ's and resourses seting
abundant does ad more luxuries per civ
how ever thats ondly the defult amount some maps like the earth map's change it around

Top Bottom