FFH & game performance testing

kdodge

Chieftain
I'm building myself a new rig over the US holiday, and installing Vista Ultimate and XP in dual-boot mode.

I'll be upgrading from a P4x3Ghz with an old GPU to a shiny new duoCore3.33Ghz and top of the line NVidia GTX series.

Just for grins I'll post all my specs and some late-game performance benchmarks.

Anyone want to suggest some good performance test cases and / or savegames for me to load up and test "AI thinktime"?

Old rig:
---------------------------
DellXPS stock motherboard
CPU: P4 3.2Ghz
MEM: 1Gig DDR 400Mhz ram
Video: Radeon 9800 video
HD: 7200RPM drive.

New rig: (assuming my warehouse has all the parts in stock)
---------------------------
Mobo: ASUS P5N-D Nvidia 750i 1333bus
CPU: Core2Duo E8600 Wolfdale 3.33GHz
MEM: Kingston 4GB DDR2 800Mhz
GPU: GeForce GTX 280 1GB
HD WstDig 10K-RPM SATA2 300GB
CD/DVD/Lightscribe ASUS 20x (sata)
Bluray 4x reader (sata)

Well if you really want to stress test your rig get a lot of hell terrain in a massive desert. That's usually enough to crash my aging hardware. Makes me wish there was some way to get rid of the smoke and flames.

Well if you really want to stress test your rig get a lot of hell terrain in a massive desert. That's usually enough to crash my aging hardware. Makes me wish there was some way to get rid of the smoke and flames.

There is a game option that allows you to disable hell terrain.

There is a game option that allows you to disable hell terrain.

I like the idea and mechanic of hell terain, just not the animation.
I havent played with that option on .. does it disable the actual changing, or just the display?
(an idea would be to have an 'alternate terrain' for the couple types of hell .. specifically, I suspect its the burning sands... mebe just some "reall uncomfortable red" sands.) heh.

Top Bottom