AW's Minor Nitpicks Mod Collection

Huzzah, the Netherlands finally works! Now if only the Egypt tweak can start working. I don't know if I positioned it wrong, but CultureRateModifier is in the correct table.

I see what you mean by not showing up in the top panel at all. I just figured the tooltip would not specify the source, but instead it just flat out ignores it. I know JFD has a dynamic top yield mod or something, but I wouldn't know what to do there.

Did a bit of testing, and this is the proper code to get Egypt's invisible building working properly.

Code:
<BuildingClasses>
	<Row>
		<Type>BUILDINGCLASS_E_UA_R</Type>
		<DefaultBuilding>BUILDING_E_UA_R</DefaultBuilding>
		<Description/>
		<NoLimit>true</NoLimit>
	</Row>
</BuildingClasses>
<Buildings>
	<Row>
		<Type>BUILDING_E_UA_R</Type>
		<BuildingClass>BUILDINGCLASS_E_UA_R</BuildingClass>
		<GreatWorkCount>-1</GreatWorkCount>
		<Cost>-1</Cost>
		<FaithCost>-1</FaithCost>
		<PrereqTech>NULL</PrereqTech>
		<CultureRateModifier>5</CultureRateModifier>
	</Row>
</Buildings>
<Building_YieldModifiers>
	<Row>
		<BuildingType>BUILDING_E_UA_R</BuildingType>
		<YieldType>YIELD_PRODUCTION</YieldType>
		<Yield>2</Yield>
	</Row>
</Building_YieldModifiers>

I don't know the intention of the guy that requested this mod, but this needs some extra code if this is to supplant Egypt's existing UA, for it just adds on to it.

A new request here, since I can't into lua and doing this with xml would be a hassle.

Hiram's Chimor civilization here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=22950
Is not compatible with Piety and Prestige's new update which adds loads of religious buildings. Hiram went about making the religious buildings compatible by replacing them with dummy buildings that were identical except for adding Building_SeaResourceYieldChanges +1 faith.

A lua hook seems more efficient here, adding the sea resource yield changes only if you're playing as Chimor. If you can apply that to the faith buildings already in the game (shrine, temple, cathedral, monastery, mosque, pagoda) and then the ones JFD adds (JFD_ altar, daoguan, gurdwara, mandir, synagogue, torii), then that would be super. Or just start the hook with shrines and temples and I can see how to fill in the rest.

Yeah, this isn't really a separate mod, but I'd figure I'd turn here anyway.

I'm not familiar enough with either P&P or Hiram's civs to have the remotest idea what you're talking about. :lol: I'll take a look at them in a couple days though (I'm scrambling to get the alpha 1.0 version of a big mod ready to release in 4 days).

Also planning two special AWMN mods in the future. I think you'll find one of them amusing. :mischief:

Can you write a mod that replaces/extends the tag that disallows two improvements of the same type to be adjacent, such that A) it allows you to set a minimum distance between them other than 1, and less importantly, B) you can tell one improvement type it can't be too close to another improvement type?

I'm 99.9989356234% sure that would require DLL modding which I'm totally ignorant of, so unless I can make a lua workaround - which would take a while - I'd have to say no. Sorry.

But... don't lose hope... I've added theoretically functional columns in SQL with lua to back it up, so I might be able to this, just don't expect anytime soon.

Can you change Spain's colors to more closely resemble any of Spain's historical flags instead of the jarring pink, while still keeping their colors distinct?

Can you take a look at what allows the tilt shift effect in Beyond Earth and see if it is possible to recreate this in Civ V BNW? (Probably too difficult, I know.)

Would it be possible to have a similar system for diplomatic apologies for when foreign great prophets convert your cities similar to the one in the game for when a spy gets caught in espionage?

Thanks for offering your help to us non-modders. I'd also like to ask about creating a map script but I'll wait for your response first.

Spain's colors: check. That would be the easiest of all of them, although I'd need to know what colors and symbol you had in mind.

Tilt shift... I have no idea what that is; I just got BE 2 days ago and have only played it once. So I can't say for certain, but just by the name, it sounds like something that would require modding the graphical engine, which is off-limit to modders. :( (Not that I would know how to mod it anyway...) But perhaps you could elaborate a bit.

3rd... is... probably possible. I think. I'll have to do some research on that and get back to you.

No idea on how to make map scripts, although I wish I did.

Thanks for responding.

Here is a screenshot from Civilization Beyond Earth.
http://i0.wp.com/www.controlcommand...2014/12/2014-11-27_00007.jpg?resize=1920,1080

You can see that terrain and features in the background are blurred whereas those in the foreground are not. This kind of "depth of field" or tilt shifting gives the illusion of distance to the map. I wondered if CBE and Civ V used the same engine and if there was some variable somewhere that could be set to enable this in Civ V. I think some people dislike this, but I found it pleasing.

Here are some historical Spanish flags.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Spanish_flags#Historical_flags

I was thinking of the red/yellow combination mainly I suppose (dark yellow background with red borders?). Does another civilization use that combination for borders and background color? I can't seem to recall. I'm not really concerned about changing the icon, but if you feel up to it, I suppose the coat of arms used on the Spanish flag might be good, but it also might be too busy-looking. Maybe just keep the current icon but change it to a yellow cross on a red background or vice-versa.

Sorry about the map script thing. I assumed that since it was lua you might know about it.

So you don't care about what symbol is used for the Spanish flag? The colors will be extremely similar to Siam's, though.

And no, judging from the involvement with the graphical engine, I don't think that tilt shift is possible to mod even by more experienced modders.

You can use a simplified Castile-Leon castle and lion device instead of the cross if you don't mind the extra work. There are some examples here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Castile_and_León

Maybe you could reduce the number of colors in it to match the other civ icons. Just using the castle might be good enough. I think that was what Spain had in Civ IV.

I didn't realize Siam had similar colors. What about reversing the yellow and red? Does Persia have those colors? Hmm.

Maybe change the colors of Siam? I can see where they might use yellow, but perhaps we could change the red to something else. Is there a good color combination with yellow that is not used?

Reverse the color scheme and the colors would be nearly impossible to distinguish from Persia's in-game. :/
And as far as a good color scheme that hasn't been taken that has yellow as its background...? Er... the least awful would either be some form of blue, or white, and not sure that either one fits Siam. But, eh.

I whipped up a couple sample color schemes; they would look better if I actually remade the icon instead of just recolorizing the symbol, which I'll do when I actually make the mod.

Here's my opinion: I could switch Siam's symbol color to purple, which I think would look best, then change Egypt's to purple.

Attachments

• siamalternates.jpg
    siamalternates.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 161
  • egyptsiam.jpg
    egyptsiam.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 154
I like your last two icons! How about you use those colors for those two civs?

Thanks for working on this.

Alright, I've got a request.

Change "Civilization Adjective" to "Civilization Demonym".
Change "Iroquois" (the demonym) to "Iroquoian".
Change "Shoshone" (the demonym) to "Shoshoni".

Spoiler :
Also, please make one that renames Shaka to Efefe. All mentions of his name too, please. Don't ask why, it's an inside joke I have with a friend. Don't even put it in the OP, send it to me via PM or something.

Could you make it so razing city's doesn't increase technology and social policy cost?
I don't believe this is possible, sorry. (Since IINM razing cities are automatically annexed until they're destroyed? I'd have to make so that no cities at all increase policy and tech cost, assuming the code dictating that can even be found. I assume it's in GlobalDefines.xml.)

------

Next update should be in a few days, with Armandeus' and SnowyNix's request, plus... a special one. :mischief:

Perhaps you could decrease the technology and social policy cost equal to the amount it increases when you start razing a city.

OFFICIAL UPDATE ANNOUNCEMENT:

Added: Native American Demonym Edit
Added: Spain-Egpyt-Siam Icon Color Swap
Added: Twenty Courts of Attila

Comment: Twenty Courts of Attila is my secondary April Fools Day mod. :D So, instead of just stealing other civs' city names, you end up with a list like this:

Atilla's Court
Atilla's Court 2: The Second One
The Real Atilla's Court
@+!||@'$ &#8373;0ÜR+
AtIlLa'S cOuRt
A T I L L A S C O U R T
atillascourt@g mail.com (with separation so it doesn't automatically get wrapped in tags)
AtillasCourt256
AtillasCourt9 [FAZE]
...and once you hit the last Atilla's Court...
The last Atilla's Court ;_;

Got the idea from someone in the Civ5 General Discussion forums. Wish I could remember who. :/

[FONT="Book Antiqua"][I][U]- My name is AW and I approve this message. [/U][/I][/FONT]

Top Bottom