Map generation

Callonia

Deity
I've been getting extremes now.

Somedays I would roll nothing but jungle heavy starts.

And on other days, I would roll nothing but tundra or snow starts.

With a desert here and there for a start occasionally.....

I have never seen a paradise starting land in a long time now.

But there is one benefit now after getting nothing but extremes every single time despite playing as Germany with starting bias enabled.... I have gotten very good at deforesting jungles very fast.

I have a tendency to hardbuilt a couple of workers and swat one city state nearby for their worker and make peace to chop all the worthless trees down. Eeps.

But getting a jungle start or tundra start practically every time do wonders to tire me out on civ5. Despite me abusing the restart button for a hour or two. x.x

Tough choice for me. I hate to hit restart, but some games are so lousy, it isn't fun to try to polish a turd.

Tough choice for me. I hate to hit restart, but some games are so lousy, it isn't fun to try to polish a turd.

Well let me show you what I was going through today.
Spoiler :

Ok this single jungle start was different from usual.
Spoiler :

And, the jungle is bigger than it looks like, I explored some more only to reveal even more jungle XD

Spoiler :

I went nuts and decided to go super tall although I expanded abit trying to blow through the science tree as fast as possible. Because if i can reach panzers while everyone is still in renaissance era. I will tear everyone apart except for assyria. Everyone else is sending in the spies to my capital.

Well I guess i'm doing okay.

Yeah, been theter, know the feeling. I always figured the generator balanced the location as to terrain - if my spot was garbage, the others civs (at least on my continent) would have about the same.

Top Bottom