Screenshot using JCIVED of current game

Tenochtitlan

Supreme Commander
Game Difficulty: Emperor
Civ: Germans

Wanted to conquest but that will probably seem unfeasible without splitting Zimbabwe after nuking it and sneaking in a couple of armors

Game Difficulty: King
Civ: Americans

Same strategy, but game is way too easy on King compared to Emperor, enemy's defense is musketeers at best

King
1780 AD

All enemy civs have been deploying troops at my shores and attacking constantly I had to build a large fleet

I'm trying to expand southwards towards Egyptian, but he is well defended(Riflemen\cannon). Planning to concentrate 12-15 bombers and go city by city and prepare a ground invasion with Mech inf.

Then I'll attack Greek capital, and use as base to keep pounding their supply routes

How would you do it instead?

King
1780 AD

All enemy civs have been deploying troops at my shores and attacking constantly I had to build a large fleet

I'm trying to expand southwards towards Egyptian, but he is well defended(Riflemen\cannon). Planning to concentrate 12-15 bombers and go city by city and prepare a ground invasion with Mech inf.

Then I'll attack Greek capital, and use as base to keep pounding their supply routes

How would you do it instead?

I would bring the battleship I see you got go to Athens, bring one transport with any unit (except Diplomat/Caravan) and join the batteship, take Athens (Citywall + Musketeer?) no match! :)
Yes Egypt is by far your most dangerous enemy and closest, so take their capital that you are close to... pillage and remove irrigation if you don't take the city easy and fortify the MechInf aroudn the city so it lose prudction and once that city fall... you can probably buy the rest of the cities on the island. And if the battleship (if it lose build/buy two more) takes Athen GReek should be close to over.
Looks like you are on a good way to a victory

Sentrying the bomber fleet

Preparing ground invasion

Military industrial complex preparing fleet of B52s

Citizens of Madras admire the prosperity of Orleans!

Current situation:

As for the battleships, already lost 7 or 8, mostly to phalanx and musketeers! Also I prefer to leave their irrigation and mining infrastructure intact, so that I can utilize it should I occupy them

^^^ I liked how the French are bent on annihilating everything, so I was inspired to make my own round. This thing has been tedious to explore though; I think I'm going back to EARTH after this match.

Difficulty: Emperor
Date: 1520 BC

9 chariots killed, 19 active
3 triremes lost at sea, 12 active

Teched wheel, mysticism, pottery, and mapmaking. Initiate chariotspam. Captured BW, IW, math, CoL, writing, masonry, currency, and the great wall, for what it's worth. Two more important wonders were eventually bought here (or more precisely, rush-and-swap the 200 shield palace improvement) with captured gold. 1 city is remaining stagnant to maintain 2 settlers. Every town needs to work improved plains to maintain growth and output.

Kind of regret loading this program for a game-in-progress. Had no idea Tenochtitlan was there.

Attachments

• CIVIL0.MAP_256.gif
    CIVIL0.MAP_256.gif
    178.3 KB · Views: 1,007
  • tours.png
    tours.png
    15.8 KB · Views: 978
You could give the user the option on whether they would like to see just what their current map on the game shows, or everything. Just a thought.

King
1780 AD

I love the land and civilization distribution on this game you're playing. Personally I wouldn't attack anyone as a) I find conquest too easy and b) I prefer to watch the story of how the AI players unfold without overly interfering.

What's most interesting on this map is how the Babylonians (and some extent Indians) survived on a continent with the Russians?? That's pretty rare...

^^^ I liked how the French are bent on annihilating everything, so I was inspired to make my own round. This thing has been tedious to explore though; I think I'm going back to EARTH after this match.

Difficulty: Emperor
Date: 1520 BC

9 chariots killed, 19 active
3 triremes lost at sea, 12 active

Teched wheel, mysticism, pottery, and mapmaking. Initiate chariotspam. Captured BW, IW, math, CoL, writing, masonry, currency, and the great wall, for what it's worth. Two more important wonders were eventually bought here (or more precisely, rush-and-swap the 200 shield palace improvement) with captured gold. 1 city is remaining stagnant to maintain 2 settlers. Every town needs to work improved plains to maintain growth and output.

Kind of regret loading this program for a game-in-progress. Had no idea Tenochtitlan was there.

How can your city not being in Civil Disorder? you are not running 04, 05 version?

How can you have 3 Settlers in "s" when you are missing a railroad on the island below on one square, also why not irrigate some of that Forrest/wood to get bigger cities?

The railroad is there it just doesn't show in the export screenshot. Also, I avoided cutting down the trees because I wanted the production shields. Sometimes I even Mine the plains to make forests to get more production, as controversial as that may seem.

The railroad is there it just doesn't show in the export screenshot. Also, I avoided cutting down the trees because I wanted the production shields. Sometimes I even Mine the plains to make forests to get more production, as controversial as that may seem.

Cool, yeah I love cheilds too! so I'm with you, not sure why I always remove trees (played too much in Anarchy mode where you nearly must do so to get food but in Democracy that isn't needed) also you are better prepared when the polution comes when you got trees :)

How can your city not being in Civil Disorder? you are not running 04, 05 version?

The city has 1 born-content. +1 for garrison militia unit, +1 for temple, +1 for mysticism temple, +2 for oracle, meaning it still has some room.

King
1853 AD

Interesting map and balance of power.

Three superpowers: American, Zulu, Roman.
Intermediate powers: Greek and Indian.
Weak: German

This week I tried to see about playing for conquest without making contact with the other civs (i.e., use Bombers). I saved at the end of every turn. I dumped ALL the JCIVED screencaps into GIMP and it made for nice watching. Let's see if it works here.

Emperor
Starting frame 3980 BC
Ending frame 220 BC

Giphy Link

Really like that GIF! How much work was that to do? (As in, time taken...)

Top Bottom