MP Roleplay Games

TheMarshmallowBear

Benelovent Chieftain of the Ursu Kingdom
See, I'm still on Warlord because i don't wanna be the one who goes into a frenzy to get each move perfected and decide that if I make a mistake I restart.

I like to immerse myself and have probably been the reason why I love playing Hotseat.

But despite Civ 5 having so many changes, I still can't find Hotseat enjoyable for more than 50-100 turns, it just gets.. boring..

So, I was wondering, are there any known "Roleplaying" games that aren't... elite (or even strict), but allow freedom of play and just take it "lightly" when it comes to playing?

I don't play MP often because people can get.. "personal", and I'm not experienced enough to play on more difficult levels.

And FYI. I jsut actually don't want to use GMR.. because I really don't want to spend weeks playing a single game.

Truth be told I think you might have a fair bit of trouble finding people to play non-GMR games; from what I can gather a lot of people don't really have the time to play a game except through GMR. However, if you'd be willing to play the game in multiple sittings you might be able to find a few other players (actually, I personally wouldn't mind trying a less-competitive "normal" MP game, but my schedule simply won't allow me to play a regular multiplayer game right now, without extreme reworking.)
Also, although this would still be pitboss (so GMR-like), might I suggest you have a look at this thread? Not sure if you'd be interested in it (it's likely to take a fair bit of time and we are planning on doing some story writing as we play it), but we're looking for some more people to play so I figured I may as well toss it out there.

Ill keep watching this thread. I play MP with mates but they usually just pick Poland/Greece and go tradition>patronage>rationalism with 4 cities and becomes a boring game.
I quite like trying new things like honour/piety Songhai (albeit I'm not the most astute player haha)

Ill keep watching this thread. I play MP with mates but they usually just pick Poland/Greece and go tradition>patronage>rationalism with 4 cities and becomes a boring game.
I quite like trying new things like honour/piety Songhai (albeit I'm not the most astute player haha)

If you're any good at worldbuilding check out the linked thread CPM commented. It's RP-intensive.

(link in case you missed it: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=518158)

Top Bottom