has anyone ever voted for you in the UN?

guven

Chieftain
I wasn't going to win the world leader proposal with my 32 votes (needed 35). Then my dear baudicca (I have brought her back to life) voted for me in the united nations!!! First time I saw it, had to share.

Attachments

• world leader.jpg
    world leader.jpg
    367.1 KB · Views: 246
Yup, that's why liberating civs has some good perks. Happened a few times to me before, always fun when it does.

so do they always vote for you if you liberate them (and maintain good relations)???

If you don't have too many votes, you can sometimes make them vote for you with trade agreements. My first Immortal victory I had three of the five other civilizations voting for me. Now that's a truly legitimized world leader.

That's one little thing that bugs me. I think civs that share your Ideology and that you are Influential over, and civs that you are Dominant over should vote for you in the World Congress.

I think civs that share your Ideology and that you are Influential over, and civs that you are Dominant over should vote for you in the World Congress.

agreed.

While I agree that would be satisfying from an immersionist point of view, I'd note that approach would smush together the victory conditions even more than they already are.

While I agree that would be satisfying from an immersionist point of view, I'd note that approach would smush together the victory conditions even more than they already are.

I don't see a problem with that, I really like the interaction between the victory systems. For example, that you can work on your cultural victory by passing some World Congress resolutions (or just wiping out your biggest cultural rival).

Better than it was in Civ4, where you pretty much couldn't win a cultural victory unless you started out at turn 1.

Top Bottom