Limitted promotion

OrionVeteran

Deity
I noticed in the CIV4PromotionInfos.xml file there is a tag to reduce the chances for a revolt:

<iRevoltProtection>20</iRevoltProtection>

I've added this to each of the garrison promotions. Garrison promotions are available to all archery and gunpowder units. I want to give my police unit the capability to reduce the chances for a city revolt and I want to prevent all other units from having this capability.

My question is: How can I limit the promotion tag for revolt protection to be available only to one specific unit?

Without SDK work?

Create a completely new UnitCombat and make only that one unit belong to it. Then make the promotion only be available to that UnitCombat.

Sounds logical. Currently, the Police unit is a gunpowder unit that works with realatively simple XML changes. Will I have to make any changes to any of the XML schema files or Python files to make the new UnitCombat work? If not this should be pretty easy to do.

Without SDK work?

Create a completely new UnitCombat and make only that one unit belong to it. Then make the promotion only be available to that UnitCombat.

It appears that this approach works, as I have completed all of the XML and art changes and the Mod starts without error. This change to the Police unit seems to provide a much needed and unique capability to the game. I now have to play out a game to test the results. Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

Orion Veteran :cool:

Top Bottom