religious strenght

peterka

Chieftain
Does anyone know the mechanism of Religious strenght ? I found out that a great prophet with 2000 st convert about 6 a turn. Is it more if there is no conversion because people have no religion already ?

Does anyone know the mechanism of Religious strenght ? I found out that a great prophet with 2000 st convert about 6 a turn. Is it more if there is no conversion because people have no religion already ?

A citizen without a belief is easier to convert.

It takes two cities pressuring a third to convert citizens with existing beliefs. (Don't have any data on what happens when 2 foreign religion cities pressure one with an established religion and it has cities with the same faith pressuring.)

The Missionary works as a pressure bomb and converts much slower if the pressure bomb effects followers. I think he can convert citizen with beliefs, but it's a suboptimal use of the unit.

The Greater Prophet wipes other religions before applying his pressure bomb, so he is always going to apply pressure in the best possible way.

What is the worth of 1 pressure point ? How much to convert 1 non-religious citizen ?

What is the worth of 1 pressure point ? How much to convert 1 non-religious citizen ?

May be wrong, but I don't think the exact mechanics of how pressure works have been posted yet. Maybe they haven't even been figured out yet, outside of Firaxis. And it may be so complex when you calculate multiple religions of varying rates of pressure at varying city distances between many multiple cities over huge areas... that only a CPU can do it accurately anyway.

I don't think we know yet.

Some talk about 100 points pr. citizen, but why do a Greater Prophet with 1000 pressure only convert six citizen then.

My best guestimate is that maybe we are dealing with the first citizen take 100 pressure to convert but the second takes more. but my math skill isn't up for translating a GP effect into precise numbers.

I don't think we know yet.

Some talk about 100 points pr. citizen, but why do a Greater Prophet with 1000 pressure only convert six citizen then.

My best guestimate is that maybe we are dealing with the first citizen take 100 pressure to convert but the second takes more. but my math skill isn't up for translating a GP effect into precise numbers.

It fits if it starts at 100 for the first citizen and goes up with 50 for each subsequent citizen. 100 + 150 + 200 + 250 + 300 = 1000. Of course, it could be something completely different.

Top Bottom