Immortals don't "Double Heal" - Is it the promotion or the unit?

Gucumatz

JS, secretly Rod Serling
I noticed this is in an earlier game of mine.

I built a few immortals but rather than healing 40 hp in my territory as it used to before GK, now it only heals 30 hp per turn (not garrisoned in a city, but within my territory).

I thought this was interesting and obviously means double healing for it is no longer true. I was curious if it was only the immortal or the promotion that is different. Anyone found the Fountain of Youth and tried healing with it since Gods and Kings?

On a side note* I went Faith Healers. Was fun watching Immortals... being well Immortal. Longswords couldn't kill them and city defenses/crossbows could pick off the longs as they tried to run into my immortals XD.

I think its the promotion. Fountain of Youth gives the same promotion and it also is only +10 hp rather than actually double healing.

Maybe because now the "double heal" only applies to the base +10 hp you get from healing outside borders?

Normal units used to heal for 1, the promotion caused immortals to heal for 2. Now that HP is x 10, normal units heal for 10 and immortals for 20. Add another 10 for being in borders. It's still "double" the base without bringing any other bonuses into play, but yeah, its technically a +10 to healing rate.

Maybe because now the "double heal" only applies to the base +10 hp you get from healing outside borders?

That would probably be it.

Makes it less powerful but it probably was needed.

No more 40% healing though was a bit surprising.

Was hoping for 75-80% healing for immune units basically from death :p (With Medic of course. Still I want to try healing with it and the Khan later. Heres comes a Persia + Patronage came eventually :p)

Top Bottom