WW1 AAR- The Anti- Infantry

Emp. Killyouall

EVIL Emperor
This is an AAR based on Trips WWI Scenario- http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=170090 and also on Kan's AAR. Kan is awesome. Go check out his AAR too.

Anyway, this is me playing as the British, without being allowed to build any infantry. No Basic British Inf or Advanced British Inf. I am also not allowed to attack cities with them, excluding Gaza. This means almost no Middle East offensives. Who cares about the Ottomans, anyway? I'm gonna need all the luck you guys can give me.

This is not as hard as it seems. I never use infantry as city attackers anyway, they're just the most versatile unit in everyone's arsenal. My plan is to go for Machine Guns then Biplanes then Advanced Light Artillery. The trick is to keep some resemblance of an economy alive.

Civilization: THE UNITED KINGDOM
Difficulty: NOBLE
Mod: TRIP’S WWI v2
Outlook: DOOMED

----------

I have decided to go with a report after pictures, just to make it easier for me.

The world:

The economy:

The war:

World War I has been started. The great Emp. Killyouall has decided that we can beat those bloody Germans chaps without any infantry, what what. He has also declared that we are to be a Police State. The Queen :worship: asked why this was necessary, and why in fact he had crowned himself emperor. “Err… all the better to govern you with, my dear!”

GENERAL MAJOR: We landed a force as Calais, and moved it inland to Brussels just in time. We managed to save Brussels with the loss of 2 infantry divisions. Who cares about infantry? We also managed to take Gaza, the only city to be taken with infantry.

ADMIRAL COMMODORE: We defeated a German Dreadnought and 2 German Destroyers initially. We went through Sweden and Denmark and defeated a German Dreadnought to destroy the German Oil.

ALLIED REPORTER: So far, Lodz has been taken by the Germans. We expect the Russians to take an Austro-Hungarian city fairly soon. Within a year and a half, we should be able to move against Germany in the Cologne- Strassburg area. Three months into the war, we are actively winning by not losing a French or Belgium city.

I apologize now for my total inability to write or present a compelling story. Please tell me what I need to do to improve. Although honestly, not much happens in the first three turns.

reserved in case...

I never use infantry as city attackers anyway, they're just the most versatile unit in everyone's arsenal.

I do because usually i'll have a few that retain City raider 1-4 from back when they were swordmen. That makes them pretty Uber.

I usually end up screwing Infantry and pumping out Marines, Tanks, and Artillery instead since they're a lot more powerful and close in the tech tree.

Top Bottom